eating back exercise cals: yay or nay?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert on it, but I go by how I feel. If I'm hungry I'll have a few back, but if I only burn off 200 or so I do my best to leave them. If I burn about 500 and I'm hungry I'll have a few back but I try my best to leave them be.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yay, all the way.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    nay
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been eating mine. And I'm still losing.
  • debdelilah
    Options
    Yay! Bad experience when not eating them back - loss of muscle, loss of endurance, didn't feel well.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back. I still lose weight, but more slowly than if I didn't eat them back. I'm OK with that. To each his/her own.
  • lrcross
    Options
    I am middle of the road on this question.

I am more for eating enough cals than eating exercise cals back. For me, this is why: An example, if I am to eat 2000 cals a day, but three days a week I burn 1500 cal/day, I would be eating 3500 cals on those three days which would be a difficult feat.

Therefore, I'd rather add like 500 or so cals, or maybe not... It just depends.

My double-pennies. :wink:
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    type "eating back exercise cals" into search.

You'll get about a years worth of reads.

THIS! these threads with the same questions over and over pop up practically every day and i think - "does no one use the search function!?"
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat my exercise calories back, unless I happen to be very hungry or a special occasion. I find MFP over-estimates how much each workout burns. When I tried for a time to eat back my exercise calories, I stopped losing. So 95% of the time, I eat very few or none at all of the exercise calories.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I go by hunger and usually add back 100 calories with a general workout (so 1300 for the day), or more if I feel hungry and it was very challenging.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Usually no, but if I'm hungry I have no problem eating them back. Whatever works for you :smile: