Time Management/Motivation

Options
I'm having a hard time finding time to work out. I work 60-70 hours per week and when I'm off the clock, I'm usually too tired. The times I am most motivated to go to the gym is usually when I am stuck at work. How do you find time/motivation? HELP!

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Workout in the morning. I am NOT a morning person, but I have forced myself to workout in the morning bc my work schedule is crazy. I get it done before my brain realizes what I'm doing. Its not going to be easy, but it'll be worth it.
  • leestulip
    Options
    This has been really hard for me too. But, I just decided that I would find something I like (boxing and 30 day shred) and at a specific time everyday, even if I am tired I just do it. For me it is after the supper dishes are done. Sometimes I really really dont want to do it, but I look at a picture of myself and that does it for me. I cant stand the way I look and I want it to change!
  • LexiChase
    Options
    Mornings are tough for me...I'm not a morning person by any means, but I can't work out at night because it keeps me up all night and makes the mornings tougher! Both are great ideas! I'm just gonna have to suck it up and git'r'dun. Maybe I'll set a pic of myself next to the alarm, so it's the first thing I see. I'm with you leestulip...that's usually when I'm most motivated...when I find downtime for Facebook and see all these pics of what I currently look like and what I used to look like! I'll give it a try starting tomorrow morning!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you can find 20 minutes in the morning thats all you need for now.. what will happen is that your body will want more and you will find yourself really working on finding the time to do it .. when i first started all this i did things that made me move more ...like park in the far end of the parking lot and walk up and down stairs. sometimes i ate fast and took ten -15 min to walk while at work . i nurse on call too so i started helping the aides out as opposed to sitting at the desk.. thats a great workout in itself and i get paid to do it!!! i own a business so i totally understand finding time... ive changed my way of thinking during the course of my healthy journey ... i plan my life around my workout..i do not plan my workout around my life
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Might be something you need to do while you work if its possible. Do lunges when you're walking down the hall.. set a timer for every 15 minutes, and do 20 jumping jacks hehe..multitask!!! busy people have to improvise! good luck