Options
    4 weeks for you to notice
    8 weeks for friends and family
    and 12 weeks for everyone else

I agree
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    make sure you keep uping the weights. Also watch your diet carefully. Remember (I know it's hard) that the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You all have been very encouraging, thank you! :) I'm trying so hard not to lose my way... I really want this weight gone and to be able to like what I see in the mirror!
  • triplebogey
    triplebogey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well this makes me feel better....12 days in and only 1lb. Guess I have to be patient.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    psh, 6 months in and 10lbs gone. Take yo time.

Then again, I am very blase about this weight loss thing >.<
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I document my body with pictures every week. I even go as far to take pictures of my face from the side to see my double chin shribble up! Haha, it sounds ridiculous, but I can not see my progress until I put the photos side by side, and suddenly I can see the progress. I've lost fifteen pounds and am still struggling to see the physical change, but I think because we look at our bodies daily, it makes it a little more difficult. The non-scale victories are by far my favorite. I fit into two pairs of pants that I didn't fit into a few months ago. It's a good feeling!
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I document my body with pictures every week. I even go as far to take pictures of my face from the side to see my double chin shribble up! Haha, it sounds ridiculous, but I can not see my progress until I put the photos side by side, and suddenly I can see the progress. I've lost fifteen pounds and am still struggling to see the physical change, but I think because we look at our bodies daily, it makes it a little more difficult. The non-scale victories are by far my favorite. I fit into two pairs of pants that I didn't fit into a few months ago. It's a good feeling!

I just took pictures last week and then last night took some, and don't see a difference.... And don't have the guts to post pictures on here yet! Lol I do fit in a pair of pants a little bit better than I was, and I've had to tighten my belt... Just I need more patience!
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's hard for you to see it in yourself. Many of us will continue to see the fat version of ourselves in the mirror.
    I'm hoping someone with a psychology background can chime in on this, but my (limited) understanding is that this is proven from a psychological standpoint. We have an image of ourselves in our head and we "project" it when we look in the mirror.

People tend to overestimate their own attractiveness, but for women in particular, they can underestimate themselves too.
    http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/7461/does-our-brain-make-ourselves-look-five-times-more-beautiful-than-we-really-are
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    About 3 months...but it just gets better the longer you stick with it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When you stop working for results and start working for the work. TRUE STORY.

If you only workout for results, you're hanging on for an ending and there's no ending.

You want the lifestyle.

You want the changes.

You want the pride that comes with it.

THEN your body starts catching up.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Been at it a little over two months and can notice a difference in the mirror now. Arms more muscler, stomach flatter, running out of spots on my belt to tighten, chubby cheeks going etc... Plus I have people commenting on it now :)

I dropped over 3" from my waist since starting so you should notice something in a few months
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the OP has seen some results by now - this post is 5 years old.