What day do you weigh in?

Options
Just curious when everyone else weighs in. I weigh on Friday mornings!

I noticed some log their weight a couple times a week? What do you prefer?

Replies

• ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    i started all this on a monday so i weigh in on sunday mornings.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I started on a Thursday so that's my weigh in day!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Sundays for me, no particular time, but the moment looms...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Right now, I weigh every day, and I log my losses as I see them. When I'm down a pound, I check-in. I actually enjoy weighing myself all the time, and the more I do it, the less concerned I am about the days that I'm up a few pounds. In fact, I find that I'm pretty much always up a few pounds for a few days before I see a loss.

I just don't have the restraint to have an official weigh-in day.
  • queenbee
    queenbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good question. I have been all over the place on this. I tried Wed. morning, after the Biggest Loser on Tue night. I did Fridays for a while as it is my day off work and I had time to regroup, plan the week and go shopping. I have now moved my weigh in day to Sundays for two reasons. It is the first day of the week on the calendar and it feels like a new beginning. I find that I am better on the weekends, knowing that I have to weigh in on Sunday. The most important thing is to weigh in on the SAME scale, the SAME time of day, wearing the SAME clothes. The best time to weigh in is first thing in the morning, after you pee and before you eat or drink anything. Fun question, good luck to you all!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. I have no good reason for it, I just do. It doesn't seem to matter to me, I'm not obsessed with it or anything, it's just part of my morning routine.
  • shorty0j
    shorty0j Posts: 9
    Options
    Sunday morning!!! but i tend to check almost everyday!!!
  • SunnySmiles22
    Options
    Sundays!!! After my morning shower!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sat. morning for me..right after I get up..I log a gain or a loss.. Sat mornings just seems like less hectic day for me..even on Sat that I have to work it still works out great..
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but the one I count is Monday. I only check in on Mondays and only if I see a loss.

I do Mondays because then it keeps me in check for the weekend.
  • runlee
    runlee Posts: 2
    Options
    I log my weight in on friday at the same time of day " just before Lunch" on the same scale at work, they keep it calibrated for shipping. But I also just peek at my weight on Monday Morning to see how much damage I did over the Weekend!!,
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings for me.... because I don't have to get up early and go to work.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. But Satruday mornings are usually when I log my weight. Exception being if I had salty popcorn on a Friday night. Then I wait until Sunday mornings to let the water retention get out of my body.
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    I'll weigh myself every day, but I only log it on Friday mornings. Before this I was going to weight watchers on Thursday evenings so when I stopped doing that, Friday mornings just made sense.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and log my losses as I see them. If it's a gain - I give it 3 days to see if it "sticks" (rarely happens). I've found it helpful to see how my weight fluctuates... and to be able to go back and see what might be the cause of some of the fluctuations. It was weighing daily that prompted me to watch my sodium and then later to increase my fiber. I'm also guilty of weighing before and after a trip to the bathroom - call me curious! LOL.
    I'm no obsessed with the scale - I just find that weighing in daily helps to keep me focused and it teaches me more about my body than I had previously paid attention to!
  • Carakkm
    Carakkm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Out of habit I get on the scales every morning. Though the only day I log is a Thursday morning as I started here on a Friday and only want to weigh in once a week. Plus it mneans I can have a weekend and not have to beat myself up about indulging occasionaly as I wil have the rest of the week to settle back into counting.
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Options
    Saturday mornings for me too, no hassle of rushing around for work.

Up, toilet, weigh in , shower.......
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Tuesday for me.
  • karenpeb
    karenpeb Posts: 23
    Options
    Started MFP on a Saturday so that's my weigh in.

I only weigh once a week, but in the first two weeks I was sabotaging myself by checking every few days and I'd get disappointed if it went up. Some days were heavier than others.

I also stopped using my Wii to do my weight. It's just not accurate for me because I'd check my real scale in the bathroom and it would be different than the Wii Fitness. I weighed more on my bathroom scale than I did on my Wii!!!!
  • augustbells
    augustbells Posts: 113
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays and Tuesdays because those are the days my two groups weigh in on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!