Running NSV!!

Options
I ran a mile this morning without stopping once! The last time I ran a mile was 14 years ago! I didn't even build up to this I just felt like trying and seeing how far I could get. I couldn't believe it! I'm so stoked! I'll turn myself into a runner yet! lol

Replies

• kristinaw1967
    Options
    WTG!!!! That's one of my goals is to build up to being able to run.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The human body has very few limitations. Keep trying & you'll be amazed every day at what you can do! What you just did is the perfect start. Congrats!!!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job, soooo exciting!!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    congrats, you should sign up for a 5k a couple of months from now to give yourself some motivation and a reason to go further in your running goals. Who knows soon you'll be running a full marathon :)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHH! That's crazy, I just ran a mile for the first time in a long time too! It felt amazing, since the last time I tried running, I was about 20 lbs heavier
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker:

You'd be amazed by what you can actually do. Most of what limits us is in our minds. :flowerforyou:
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a long way to go! :=) Congrats and I hope you continue this journey with the same enthusiasm.
    Reading about other MFP people's running NSVs always motivate me. Thanks for sharing this! :smile:
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hell yes!!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!