Kettleballs and Mat help PLEASE

Options
Fitness suggestions please! #1 I'm interested in adding kettleball workout to my home time.... any kit with video suggestion? #2 I need a THICK mat to jump around on while doing the shred (wood floors are hurting my feet and joints) any suggestions on that? Thanks!

Also, what poundage do I start off with in Kettle balls? I do bicep curls with 10 and 15 pounds... about to head to 20 in a month, I'd say. Does that help? lol I appriciate the tips!

Replies

• ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • sarads82
    Options
    Hi PilotsGirl - i do kettle bells at our gym and trust me, they are tricky to get the hang of, i would STRONGLY recommend going for a class or two before starting at home. I was in a gym, with professional trainers, and still managed to put strain on my back. Hope that helps :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Since nobody on this thread has even spelt it right, I suggest you do a lot more research about them.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I love kettleballs :) i do quite a bit with them mine came in a three pack and some exerises my husband also gave me some the one i find the most challenging is the toss and squat. Basicly put a 10 pound kettleball in one hand and squat when you come up toss it to the other hand. Gets your heart rate up and burns the legs.
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well Why do you think I asked, so I had a brain fart and called them balls, instead of bells. Must be a great and supportive person......

To everyone else, thank you for your advice! Unfortunately, I do not have any classes at my gym, I live in a very small town :) I will read more into it, watch some videos, and take your advise! Thanks again! :)