healthy lunch ideas?

Options
what are some easy and healthy low calorie lunch recipes that i can take with me anywhere? thanks :)

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    This is a good site with a lot of ideas.

http://www.laptoplunches.com/bento-menus-season/Fall/
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Steak! It's my personal low calorie-ish meal.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    guacamole in a small tortilla = approximatley 160 cals/wrap
  • tishka11
    Options
    Hmmmmm so i take it you mean things that you dont have to heat up and stuff?

Wrap - with things like salad, beans, tofu, (or meat if you eat it), nice sauce
    Sandwhich
    Rice cakes/cruskit type things - load them up with nice toppings or salads of your choice
    If youre able to take things in a little container, you can always make a nice bean and vege salad, even with cous cous - they are still really yummy cold so you dont need to heat them
    I take tofu and bean curd products with me on the go - always yummy!
    Rice balls - japanese style ones are great and really easy to transport - plus you can make them into amazing shapes!
    Soup - again, if you have a container
    Mini quiches - i make mine with silken tofu instead of egg as im vegan, but you could use egg...and again, really nice cold! and their bite size so you dont need a fork or anything
    Things like beetballs or bite sized baked spinach koftas are delicious, super healthy and easy to carry!
    Bake some savoury muffins are always yummy! adding heaps of hearbs gives them loads of flavour without making them sweet or adding sugar
    Even things like protein bars are easy to carry around, especially if its because you are training or at a sporting event, or something similar - i generally leave one in my bag so im prepared if im away from home longer than expected

hmmm thats all i can think of at the moment...and sorry, im generally used to only having to think of vegan products...so im sure there are heapz of meat based or animal product based meals that are great too but they are not within my repertoir :P