Hi Y'all!!

Options
Hey everybody!! My name is Emily and I'm from Alabama... (if you couldnt' tell from my subject line! haha!)

I am FINALLY getting back on the weightloss/fitness bandwangon. Before I got married I weighed 180 (which was pretty good for me, I was in a size 12, M/L top, and very toned).... I worked out Monday-Friday and ate pretty well....

Then marriage happend... and I got comfortable, and lazy.. I haven't been to the gym regularly in almost 3 years and I dont eat as good as I should. I've yo-yo dieted and been spotty going to the gym for the past 3 years and gave up every. single. time and also packed on more and more pounds each failed attempt. I went to the doctor last Thursday and my weight had shot up to 270.... yep! I'm just as shocked as you are!

So IT. STOPS. NOW. this week I have started using myfitnesspal, tracking every bite that goes into my mouth!

I also plan to head back to the gym...... I've gotta get some exercise in my life! As of today, I have lost 8 pounds. I know that is mostly water weight, being my first week and all, but hey its 8 pounds less than last week!

So anyway... here goes nothing!! Thanks ahead of time for your support and I look forward to supporting all of you and watching you meet your goals!

Replies

• EmmaleighM
    EmmaleighM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
  • 140shorty
    Options
    Hi Emily,

I can totally relate to the whole getting super-sized after marriage thing, and a size 12 sounds pretty good to me, though I have to hit somewhere in the 150-160 range to see that kind of magic. Currently I'm 210. Sending a friend request your way--would love to connect!

Chrissy
  • missy0307
    Options
    Same for me on the marriage thing! I've been up and down and all around! I was around a size 12 in college at 185 lbs. Now I'm a size 18 and 228 pounds! I never pictured I'd ever get this high. At one point my number that I never went beyond was 213...now I can't even remember when those other 15 lbs happened. We can do this together ladies!
  • paulajune87
    paulajune87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Emily! The first time I posted here my topic also contained the word "y'all" so I think we would get along! =) I'm from Georgia and started doing MFP a little over a month ago. It was hard to get used to logging at first, but thanks to the app, now it's a breeze! I have gained approximately 80 lbs since high school (and my boyfriend and I aren't even married yet!?!) Anyway, I would love to have you as a friend here! Feel free to shoot me a friend request! (That goes for anyone!) I love meeting new people and hope that I can be an encouragement to others! Best of luck to you! =)
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I say y'all all the time, I live in New Orleans, feel free to add me, good luck!
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Am very glad to be apart of this discussion where we can share valuable information on your health!Hope we have a great time!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, Emily, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I weighed 304 lbs. when I started my healthy lifestyle change. This site is really helpful and the people are so supportive and encouraging. Having a group of friends can really help motivate you. Feel free to add me.