Lunch Ideas..

Options
I need help with thinking of a variety of lunch ideas. I need something that contains mostly vegetables, NO MEAT, and is around 300 cals. I pack a lunch every day, and i'm getting sick of salads. Other things i've tried are fresh cut veggies w/ hummus to dip and a sandwich with avacado/tomato/onion. i also always pack a piece of fruit and something dairy (cheese or yogurt).
HOWEVER, i need more ideas so i won't get bored! HELP!

Replies

• Alyiah38
    Alyiah38 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there. Have you tried Vietnamese salad rolls? Julienned vegetables in a rice paper wrap with a dipping sauce?
  • gatorkdr1
    gatorkdr1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I like to make grilled veggie tacos or pitas. They are so good. Or you can do a pasta (whole wheat) salad with loads of veggies and cheese (if you want). Natural peanut butter on whole wheat is also good.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread with low fat cream cheese and veggies is good...try cucumbers.

Whole wheat pita chips with hummus.

Beans mixed with avocado, salsa, a little cheese, and lettuce and rolled in a whole wheat wrap.

Do you eat eggs?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    This isn't mostly veggies so it may not help but I take

Bagel Thins
    1/3 fat Kraft Cream Cheese 1 tbsp
    1 red apple
    celery sticks

it equals just under 300 calories
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch every day and I understand running out of ideas or getting bored.
    Here are a few of my favorites.
    Baked sweet potato - full of potassium!!
    Brown rice w/peppers and onions
    Cottage cheese with fresh peaches
    Baked regular potato w/salsa - mmmm
    Black beans and ff cheese in a whole wheat tortilla W/TACO sauce packet
    Tuna w/relish on wheat toast
    Those are a few of my favorites.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!! i'll have to try those vietnamese rolls, i've never heard of them. do you know where i could find something like this?
    i'm not a huge fan of eggs but i'm willing to try new recipes i guess..

i also like the grilled veggies in a wrap idea. that sounds easy enough.
  • Valarrie
    Valarrie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like a sandwich with the following:

Oroweat Multi-grain sandwich thin
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow garlic and herb spreadable cheese on the sandwich thin (not sure if you said you do cheese or not)
    1 Morning Star Spicy Black Bean patty (vegetarian)
    a few strips of the red sweet roasted bell peppers from the jar

YUMMY!
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Some of my favourite and yum -

Couscous with roasted vegetables - sweet potato, peppers, mushrooms, and courgettes. You could throw in some black olives.too.

Sweet baked potato or baked potato topped with beans (baked beans or kidney beans), or loads of sweetcorn and chives

Falafel in a wholewheat pita with shredded lettuce, grated carrot, red cabbage, and houmous or tzatziki

Scrambled egg with red peppers, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms in a pita bread

Quesedillas using whole wheat tortillas. I use cheese, spring onions, green, and red peppers for the filling

Green pesto, tomato, and basil grilled sandwich using mutli grain or whole wheat bread

Spinach leaves, wild rocket, cress, tomato, and cheddar cheese sandwich

Grilled mushrooms and tomato sandwich using mutli grain or whole wheat bread

Black beams or kidney beans with brown rice in a whole wheat wrap
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Just thought of two more -

A vegetarian shepherd's pie - using veggie mince, a little passata/ tomato cooking sauce, mushrooms, onion, carrot, leeks, and ball peppers

A cheese, sweetcorn, potato, and mushroom filled pasty
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    SOUPS!! I just started doing this, but it's a life saver and you change it up every week... cook a huge batch of soup with loads of veggies on Sunday and have a cup for lunch with salad or a small sandwhich. I am totally full for three or four hours, till snack time. Just make whatever sounds good to you.