Any other 100+ers out there?

Options
I'm just getting started (again) and I must admit, losing 103 pounds is quite the daunting task to look forward to. Is there anyone else out there who is looking to lose over 100 pounds? I could use some weight loss buddies who have goals similar in magnitude to mine!

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding cliche, you can do it if you put your mind to it! :laugh:

I've lost 107 and have 93 more to go....anything is possible if you educate yourself, forgive yourself when you fall and get up one more time than you fall down.

Victory is closer than you think!

Good luck on your journey!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I started out last August in the same place you are now. My best advice - GO SLOW. I have found that when I set the recommended (one pound per week) and more realistic goals I am having better luck sticking to them this time around.
  • longwaytogo
    Options
    I started about 5 weeks ago and have lost 19 pounds. I still have 100 to go so I am right there with you. Just be honest and log everything. So far so good.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Its incredibly daunting to look at the number, but once you get rolling its smooth sailing!! I have another 64lbs to go, and these 52 weren't too bad.... I dont even really work out lol (Though I can't wait for the better weather to get outside!!)

You will find TONS of support here - good on you for having the "eggs" to do this! You've got it in the bag :D
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm on this great group. We all have 100 pounds or more to lose. We have a weekly weigh in, as well as weekly challenges to help reinforce new, healthy habits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/83796-eat-healthy-get-fit-lose-100-new-group-1st-weigh-in-jan
  • medtrans79
    Options
    I have about 110 pounds I need to lose. I had lost 7 before joining, went out of town and gained 2 pounds. But I'm not beating myself up, just getting back on track. This is a great website with great people. Everyone seems to be really interested in helping others out and offer freely what has helped for them. Me? I've been doing the P90 for 3 weeks, now I'm adding in the turbo jam also and love it. I really do look forward to my workouts which also makes me choose better things to eat and then you have MFP that MAKES you be accountable. Good luck on your journey!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started last June and am down 28 lbs. It is a slow journey but worth it. I only lose a pound or two each week but the feelings and hard work is paying off. I am moving and enjoying exercise and trying new ways to eat the things I love. Good luck
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    my overall weight loss goal is a 120 pounds, but i found the 120 number in my signature to be scary so i though start small and then go to the big number! GOOD LUCK! I know i love MFP for the motivation that is provided to you when you need it most!!!
  • steph1499
    steph1499 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi I started out at 311 and even though it took me a while only because I got pregnant after losing 20 pounds have lost 30 plus pounds. I have 120 to go before I hit the weight I would like. I have a motivation problem mainly me. Im starting tomorrow night with bike riding and walking. Since the time change I can do it at night since I cant seem to bring myself to get up early. Add me as a friend Im sure we can help each other.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm down over 40 pounds, and I still have over 100 to lose.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My goal is 102 lbs to get down to 140. I started the journey at the begining of Feb. I will be happy do to it in under 2 years but really wanting to do it sooner then that. Once I get to 140 I will decided if I want to loose more. Good Luck.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I have 11.4 pounds to go before I hit the 100 pound mark. Someone mentioned going slow. That is so true. It gives you time to work through your issues with food. It has taken me a long time to get here but I can truly say I am transformed. I still have my days where I eat things I shouldn't but I do it mindfully and I try to enjoy the high calorie foods not just packing stuff in.

Good luck.
  • munsonnv
    munsonnv Posts: 2
    Options
    OMG--I didn't think that there were so many in MY boat with me.....it is very overwhelming to think of that number but a journey starts one step at a time I guess. I hope to make this journey in 18 months or less. I look forward to the positive atmosphere of this group! :flowerforyou:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I want to loss over all 100 plus but we also want to have children somewhat close in age we only have one now and she is 8 mo old almost 9 mo old I want to loss at least 20 more lb before getting pregnant that would but me under 200 lb and I want to run a 5k in July. We have decide to start trying for more kids in October but we are marred and sometimes stuff happens. So that is why I am not sure how much I want to loss over all.
  • 100x2xLose
    Options
    I'm so glad that I'm not alone! I'm feeling really motivated to do this now.

2 days under my calorie limit! :D