think i should live with my boyfriend!!

Options
My weight loss is crazy!! Most of the month i weight train and eat really clean around 17-1800 calories per day and my weight loss is minimal to zero. Once a month i stay a few days with my boyfriend at his place and truth be told we pig out, fried chicken, foot long subs, heaps of pasta and loads of sweets (Bad i know) and no gym at all. This last time was Diwali so there was an awful lot of goodies and i ate tons of Jalebi on top of all the other junk yet when i get home i've lost 3lb!! ERMMMMM WFT??? HOW?? my calories in those few days would've been through the roof and sodium alone shoul've put on 10lb so i just dont get it :huh: maybe i should go live with him till i reach goal weight and id have so much fun eating crap and getting skinny!!

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Sometimes taking a diet break shakes your body up a bit :wink:
  • Jen_ht
    Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I live with my bloke who is a chef so when he's home (he works crazy long hours) he cooks amazing meals and I just try and have smaller portions. When we go on holiday I go way over my allowance but when I go back to watching the calories I always have a great loss. I think it is good to shake things up but more often than not you're just undoing the damage that you eat on the week before!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hmm maybe its the after eating activities which make a difference :wink: :wink:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

I think i've decided it should be Diwali once a week and i'll be size 8 by christmas :bigsmile:
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Could be extra calories your body needs.
    Could be a little extra rest with lower stress.

Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    This is the first time i am hearing someone eat jalebi and sweets and losing weight :huh: ..i have loads of that in my kitchen as my family goes crazy on Diwali..guess i should get started
  • EricEJ
    Options

Agreed! I've lost 105lbs in the last 6 months and the way I've done it has been in constant on and off bursts of dieting. I'd be extremely strict for 1-3 weeks, only eating 1200-1500 calories a day and I would lose about 15-20lbs. Then I'd be bad for a couple weeks to a month, depending on what activities were going on during the weekends. During those weeks I would be bad on the weekends and gain weight back, though this was only water weight I'm sure, and spend the week slowly losing it again. Eventually I'd become really strict again and just focus on my planned diet, even on the weekends. I would lose another 15-20lbs and the cycle would continue. I should note, that my workout routine has never been avoided, even on these bad weekends, but I did have the constant diet changes and I think that has been a key part in me having yet to hit a plateau.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Agreed! I've lost 105lbs in the last 6 months and the way I've done it has been in constant on and off bursts of dieting. I'd be extremely strict for 1-3 weeks, only eating 1200-1500 calories a day and I would lose about 15-20lbs. Then I'd be bad for a couple weeks to a month, depending on what activities were going on during the weekends. During those weeks I would be bad on the weekends and gain weight back, though this was only water weight I'm sure, and spend the week slowly losing it again. Eventually I'd become really strict again and just focus on my planned diet, even on the weekends. I would lose another 15-20lbs and the cycle would continue. I should note, that my workout routine has never been avoided, even on these bad weekends, but I did have the constant diet changes and I think that has been a key part in me having yet to hit a plateau.

Do you carry on exercising during that time?
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that there's no rhyme or reason to this weight loss business.

I was losing weight consistently until one week I put on 1.5 lbs, the next I lost 0.5 lbs, I missed the next weigh-in because I was away and had 5 days of eating whatever I wanted, and lots of it. The next weigh in I'd lost 6 lbs!

Those 5 days off were the only thing I'd done differently in all that time. But average the loss out over 4 weeks and it's just what I'm aiming for!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    This is the first time i am hearing someone eat jalebi and sweets and losing weight :huh: ..i have loads of that in my kitchen as my family goes crazy on Diwali..guess i should get started

Honest! It was my first Diwali and i've never had Indian sweets before so i tried everything and even brought tons home. I'm addicted to Jalebi i'm so glad we cant get it here. I came home with more samosas and Indian food than a local restaurant :embarassed:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

Honest! It was my first Diwali and i've never had Indian sweets before so i tried everything and even brought tons home. I'm addicted to Jalebi i'm so glad we cant get it here. I came home with more samosas and Indian food than a local restaurant :embarassed:

Well ...more power to you if you can keep eating samosas and still lose weight :bigsmile:
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

Well ...more power to you if you can keep eating samosas and still lose weight :bigsmile:

Yeah who needs lettuce anyway :laugh:
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I just started reading Chris Powell's new book about carb cycling & although I haven't gotten fully into the book yet, it seems what you're describing fits into some of the things he says in the book. There is something to shaking up your diet. I notice the same thing happens to me. I'll be very strict on diet & exercise for weeks & lose weight slowly & then have a crazy weekend with tons of eating & drinking & I'll dread stepping on that scale, but more often than not I end up losing 2 or 3 pounds. That's why I'm interested in reading more of this book to get an understanding of how this works.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Yeah binging sometimes shakes up your metabolism or maybe you're not eating enough in general. I starting eating 20% below my TDEE last and that seems to be working for me fairly well and shook me outta the plateau. :)
  • EricEJ
    Options

Do you carry on exercising during that time?

Yes, I do keep working out.