Goal 1:Christmas time!!! Any tips?!?!?

Options
Have 116lbs to lose!! Main aim is 4/5 stone to lose by June next year!!! Have no idea how to do this, all a bit overwhelming, does anyone have any tips to help me on my way??? or if any one is in the same boat then would love to chat!

Goal 1: lose 16lbs by Christmas! :drinker:

Replies

• NatalieDumetz
    Options
    Hi there!

As long as you stay positive and motivated (I know that's a bit lame) you will definately get there with regular exercise and healthy eating.

I hired a personal trainer to help me as well and I found that it has given me more success.

I hope this helps at all :)

Feel free to add me!
  • laurajnick
    laurajnick Posts: 15 Member
    Options

how long have you been with the personal trainer?!?

X
  • NatalieDumetz
    Options
    Almost 3 months I think now :)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

Christmas is always bad for everyone cause there is always nice food around so just try and stay focussed on your goal.

I agree with NatalieDumetz that personal trainers are brilliant! I lost 6 stone with my last one and i only saw her once a week. However be very careful to check into them before hand. My friend is a personal trainer and he's told me that most of them will charge stupid prices for information and tips you can pretty much get off the internet so just take them with a pinch of salt and see if you like them first. Cause there is nothing worse than training for someone you don't like and having to pay them!

Also make sure you know exactly what you want from your trainer. For example diet advice? or just trainer etc. I got diet and exercise advice from mine and it was £30 a session and that was in London so was reasonably cheap. Then got one in Birmingham after i moved and it was £40 for just help with exercise which was expensive so i stopped using him. Seems like silly little things but worth it in the long run.

Happy to chat if you ever want to :)
  • NatalieDumetz
    Options
    Hey :)

Christmas is always bad for everyone cause there is always nice food around so just try and stay focussed on your goal.

I agree with NatalieDumetz that personal trainers are brilliant! I lost 6 stone with my last one and i only saw her once a week. However be very careful to check into them before hand. My friend is a personal trainer and he's told me that most of them will charge stupid prices for information and tips you can pretty much get off the internet so just take them with a pinch of salt and see if you like them first. Cause there is nothing worse than training for someone you don't like and having to pay them!

Also make sure you know exactly what you want from your trainer. For example diet advice? or just trainer etc. I got diet and exercise advice from mine and it was £30 a session and that was in London so was reasonably cheap. Then got one in Birmingham after i moved and it was £40 for just help with exercise which was expensive so i stopped using him. Seems like silly little things but worth it in the long run.

Happy to chat if you ever want to :)

Yeah I agree! I knew someone who charged $150 (Australian) a session! That's so expensive and unrealistic. My PT is good though, my friend and I do a buddy pack so its $45 each per session (once a week)
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah a few places are starting to do buddy packs now, especially in gyms and stuff. I think they are great ideas cause then you have a little bit more motivation to do some exercise :) and you get to help someone else out.
  • laurajnick
    Options
    6 Stone that's amazing!! Well done!! thank you both for your tips, i am now thinking of looking into a personal trainer as I already go to the gym but this isn't working my cardiovascular so I think I need to change it up, x x
  • missfitjunkie
    Options
    Great and awesome goals. I'm offering daily motivation on my blog. Also lainched a fit challenge that just may be a little extra motivation for all of my friends who will commit to to get fit! Missfitjunkie dot com
  • Hogscliffe
    Hogscliffe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to mfp! I have found over the last 2 1/2 months i've been doing mfp the best advise is to log everything you eat/drink and any exercise too. Think of it as a way of life and enjoy it or you won't stick at it.
    Good luck
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This might sound a little silly but I saw this thing on Pinterest (it's an obsession, I need HELP!) about workout or weight-loss reward jars. I use a workout one - every time I workout, I put a pound in the jar. So when I've seen a big change and need new clothes, or reached £100 or something, I'll spend that money on something nice for myself (although I'll more than likely give it to charity).

Maybe you could do something similar? You could have a goal of a pair of jeans in your target size, and then save up the money from your workouts to buy the jeans. My workout jar is pretty motivating for me, and think about this: instead of that money going to a personal trainer, it's just coming straight back to you - like you're investing in yourself!
  • laurajnick
    Options
    Thanks every1 for your tips x