FUFU Coffee

Options
dan323
dan323 Posts: 271 Member
Did you ever check how many calories are in these fufu coffee drinks at the popular coffee houses. I'm not talk just a cup of coffee but the mocha and lattee and stuff. My favaorite has 640 calories!!! WOW. Time to rethink the fufu coffee.

Replies

• fitgirl232
    Options
    I know it's ridiculous! When I want coffee now I usually get a skinny vanilla latte or my new favorite is the skinny cinnamon dolce latte (each has 90 calories for a tall, just the calories in the milk. It's not super sweet but its warm and gets the job done.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I know it's ridiculous! When I want coffee now I usually get a skinny vanilla latte or my new favorite is the skinny cinnamon dolce latte (each has 90 calories for a tall, just the calories in the milk. It's not super sweet but its warm and gets the job done.
    [/quote

Those are my 2 favorites also. I don't have them often but when I'm wanting one, those are the ones I go for.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that called it FUFU! LOL If you get them at Starbuck or the like; the whipped cream is the biggest culprit. It is full fat and loaded with fat/calories. That's why I just do flavored brewed coffee with hal and half. Lower fat, lower calories and tasty. :smile:
  • sessy1011
    sessy1011 Posts: 30
    Options
    I completely understand I am a BIG fan of Mocha Frappuccino and Green Tea Lattes :) wow how i miss them sooo LoL

but to curb the craving If I can wait till you get home i make this treat for myself or aometimes pack it in a "to go" cup

12oz Folgers coffee (0 calories)
    3 TBSP Hershey Syrup Sugar Free (15 calories per 2 tbsp)
    3oz 2% Milk (46 calories)
    1 Packet of Sun Crystals (5 calorie all natural sweetener per packet)

Shake in shaker with ice, serve and enjoy!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    my newest favorite is a nonfat caffe misto - half coffee, half nonfat steamed milk. gives it that latte feel without breaking the wallet or your gut! and sometimes you can even get them to add a shot of the sugar free flavoring for free :) (or 40 cents, but still cheaper than a latte!) as long as you don't miss the espresso - it's just about the same thing! A grande has 70 calories :)
  • dsjolley
    dsjolley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starbucks and many other coffee houses do have the calorie content for their drinks available. And yes, some of the best FUFU drinks are calorie bombs. If you have to get a mocha, though, I suggest getting the mocha frappucino light at Starbucks - you'll save 120 calories. Personally, I switched to Americano's, only 10 calories total.

509655.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SnuggleBunny
    Options
    I didn't read the title as Fufu, I read it as F-u F-u coffee. I thought "Wow, someone is really pissed at their coffee." After reading the posts I think both titles work :smile:
  • rschwa
    rschwa Posts: 27
    Options
    I really can't comprehend fouling a good cup of coffee with artificial flavors, hydrogenated fats, and corn syrups. It's like stirring a dollop of peanut butter into a glass of wine or salting your beer.

Now, maybe, -maybe-, I could see a shot of espresso with a whole bunch of cane sugar dissolved in it, as a dessert. Maybe. But to fool yourself by calling those things 'coffee' is ridiculous. Calling it 'Ice Cream Sundae' would be more honest. If you feel good about having an 'Ice Cream Sundae' in the cupholder on your way to work, then great. I have 'Coffee'.

P.S. Having it made with simulated fat and synthetic sweeteners doesn't make it coffee, it makes it 'Fake Ice Cream Sundae'. That's even nastier, IMO.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My non-fat latte is about 210! I'm going to have to go back to drip brew. Even if I add the full fat flavored creamer, it's still WAY less than the latte. Oh well. It's a great way to save about 100 cals!
  • Mortiz05
    Mortiz05 Posts: 9
    Options
    I was just thinking how I could manage to fit in my favorite fufu coffee drink and still lose wieght...So far, no luck!! I have the sugar free creamers at home but still not the same! So frusterating!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I cannot live without my fufu coffees. But I get a latte (16oz) with skim milk and either 1 pack of Splenda, two pumps of SF Cinnamon Dolce (Starbucks) - 130 Calories; or SF Almond Rocha. Normally they give you 4 pumps of the syrup. So if you can cut that down a little, that helps. And NO whipped cream!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I really can't comprehend fouling a good cup of coffee with artificial flavors, hydrogenated fats, and corn syrups. It's like stirring a dollop of peanut butter into a glass of wine or salting your beer.

Now, maybe, -maybe-, I could see a shot of espresso with a whole bunch of cane sugar dissolved in it, as a dessert. Maybe. But to fool yourself by calling those things 'coffee' is ridiculous. Calling it 'Ice Cream Sundae' would be more honest. If you feel good about having an 'Ice Cream Sundae' in the cupholder on your way to work, then great. I have 'Coffee'.

P.S. Having it made with simulated fat and synthetic sweeteners doesn't make it coffee, it makes it 'Fake Ice Cream Sundae'. That's even nastier, IMO.

LOL!! My coffee is plain black...and hot. No tepid, sweetened, whitened, whipped, creamed coffee flavored concoction for me! :drinker:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

to each their own
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In the summer I brew a little extra coffee in the morning and put it in the fridge. Then once it's cooled, I pour it into my magic bullet, with a little sugar free syrup, and a little skim milk, and a buttload of ice cubes. (Buttload - I believe is a correct term in measuring things) . Then I blend it up, and pour it into my starbucks to go cup and call it good! :drinker:
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awww I killed the thread...
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

LOL!! My coffee is plain black...and hot. No tepid, sweetened, whitened, whipped, creamed coffee flavored concoction for me! :drinker:

This is how I make my coffee too and drink it. Plain black. No calories, no carbs to worry about. I do sometimes add saturated fat to my coffee in the form of coconut oil as it helps to curb my appetite.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Lol i thought u were swearing at the coffee lol
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    I didn't read the title as Fufu, I read it as F-u F-u coffee. I thought "Wow, someone is really pissed at their coffee." After reading the posts I think both titles work :smile:

LOL so did I!