Little Ms. Piggy Looking For Healthy Snacks! lol

Options
Sorry if this is not well written:
Being on myfitnesspal has showed me a lot of things. Like how much I eat, what I eat, how much exercise is needed to burn my calorie intake, etc. myfitnesspal has also helped me realize eating healthy allows you to eat more without gaining fat calories. Yes! You get to EAT MORE and not hurt your calorie goal. lol you’d think it obvious, yet I never really noticed how true it is.
Can you help me out with finding healthy snacks? lol So I could eat more food.

Replies

• csmithlee25
    Options
    i am currently eating Yoplait Light white chocolate strawberry yogurt and it is AMAZING....nothing diet tasting about it at all...100 calories
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have a bit of an issue finding good healthy snacks!

Here's what I've found so far...

Mini 100 calorie bags of popcorn/kettle corn
    Yoplait fit & healthy cups
    Sugar or Fat free pudding cups
    Carrots and light ranch
    I also eat the Nature Valley Granola bars

Not much, but it's what I've got right now!
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    I like to buy 100 calorie packs, but those can get expensive. 100 calorie Jell-o Pudding is a good way to curb any chocolate craving too.
    Chex makes a great 'granola' bar, but it honestly looks and tastes like a chocolate bar. Target sells them.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!!

Apples, pears, clementines... mmm I forgot how good fruit really is until I started eating healthy again!

Lots of fiber too!
  • MargueriteR
    MargueriteR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raisins, bananas, hard-boiled eggs, string cheese, tangelos, sugar snap peas....
  • mm624201
    mm624201 Posts: 4
    Options
    I totally agree about fruit- it tastes so yummy now that I am eating healthier!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    almonds and cashews ...nuts, nuts and more nuts and it makes ya feel full and it will increase your calorie also..
    or go for yogurt(vanilla) and add some diffrent fruit berrys and top of with little granola( I use special K cereal granola).
  • dizzy7
    dizzy7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt topped with blackberries or blueberries. Sweeten with splenda if you like. High in protein, healthy and low calorie.
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    Quaker Rice Snacks. I always hated rice cakes and stuff growing up, but these are pretty awesome. They come in a big bag, and 8 of them is about 60 calories, so you can eat a decent amount of them for one of your snacks during the day. They come in some good flavors too.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    apples oranges, pears, bananas, grapes, pineapple, canteloupe, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, any berries
    roasted pistachios
    peanut butter/sliced apple sandwich on 100% whole grain thin buns
    fresh salsa mixed with a can of black beans served with baked tortilla chips
    fresh carrots, cauliflower, celery, peppers, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini with ranch dip mixed with skim milk or water to make it thinner and less calories
    breakstones snack size cottage cheese cups-digestive health, with 90 calories and 3 g. fiber (super-target)
  • healthymommy42011
    Options
    sugar free jello.. sugar free fudge pops, they only have 35 calories! popcorn.. you can have 5 cups in on serving!! I like food that takes a while to eat! any kind of fruit.. strawberries, blueberries and blackberries dont have a lot of carbs or sugar, so theyre really good for you!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    cucumber slice with roasted garlic hummus, thin sliced turkey with a spoon of lowfat cottage cheese and a crubled rosmary/garlic trisut crushed on it ( rolled) pure fruit popsicles (45) cals. sugar free jello w/ a big dollop of lowfat cool whip. fresh fruit smoothie
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    fiber one yogut 50 calories I freeze it about 30 minutes tastes like ice cream, 1/2c cottage cheese and fruit, cliff or luna bars, chocolate graham crackers (2 whole) 2T cool whip fat free frozen, make a sandwich out of it, got that idea here really good 150 calories, cool whip fat free and gelatin sugar free. 100 calories chocolate covered pretzels. 100 calorie bags of popcorn. Celery and peanutbutter. 1/2 sandwich. 1oz sunchips (if you can stop at 1oz lol) Smoothies, 1scoop protein powder 2cups fruit, 1/2c juice and ice cubes. Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwiches. Check out hungrygirl.com :bigsmile:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I love fresh fruit with a dip made of a tablespoon of peanut butter and a squeeze of honey, or veggies like carrots and broccoli with two tablespoons of hummus. I love them because the combination of fiber, protein, and healthy carbs makes me feel energized and full instead of my old sugary snack jitter-and-crash cycle.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Yogurt blended with fruit to make a smoothie...mmmmmm.

I've discovered tamari flavoured almonds recently, yummmy with some yogurt on the side.
  • nakrya
    Options

I've discovered tamari flavoured almonds recently, yummmy with some yogurt on the side.
  • nakrya
    Options

• nakrya
    Options
    Sorry for the duplicate posts! Not sure how to delete them...
  • mylittlescreamer
    Options
    You all are AMAZING! Thanks for the advice. You’ve got me headed to the grocery store :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I second fruit! So far I've had grapes, peaches, and bananas. Bananas usually with breakfast just for the extra calories & energy. Grapes I had with lunch, and then peaches with dinner (on separate days). Veggies are good for snacks too! I love celery with cream cheese and I love baby carrots with ranch. Yum. :) I also bought some shelled peanuts, Triscuits (usually I eat it with hummus or with tuna on top for lunch), and if I have a lot of extra calories, peanut butter, banana, honey sandwiches, YUMMYY!