heart rate!

Options
not to sure about heartrate. what should mine stay between bc i believe mine is to high. im 5'7 and weigh 156 lbs. my heart rate is between 160- 175 when i run on the elliptical.

Replies

• kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    i dont know. but mine is usually in the 120's when i do the elliptical. wish i knew what it meant. haha
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually between 155-165. I think that's okay.
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    When I work out hard, mine runs 170-180. But for max fat burn I consciously keep mine between 65 and 75 percent of my max heart rate- for me its between 120 and 135. Its pretty hard for me though because I tend to want to go as fast and as hard as I can. But the best results i've had is in that range :bigsmile:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    TO find out your maximum heart rate 220 - Age = Max heart rate, Im 52 years old, so mine is 220 - 52 = 168 max heart rate, just looked it up for my fitness trainer wii.
  • froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I found this helpful:

Moderate exercise
    Training in this zone improves the ability of your heart to pump blood and improve the muscles' ability to utilize oxygen. The body becomes more efficient at feeding the working muscles, and learns to metabolise fat as a source of fuel.
    bpm 139 - 152

Aerobic zone or "target heart rate zone"
    Most effective for overall cardiovascular fitness. Increases your cardio-respitory capacity: that is, the your ability to transport oxygenated blood to the muscle cells and carbon dioxide away from the cells. Also effective for increasing overall muscle strength.
    bpm 152 - 166

Anaerobic zone
    The point at which the body cannot remove lactic acid as quickly as it is produced is called the lactate threshold or anaerobic threshold. It generally occurs at about 80-88% of the Heart Rate Reserve. Training in this zone helps to increase the lactate threshold, which improves performance. Training in this zone is hard: your muscles are tired, your breathing is heavy.
    bpm 166 - 179
  • fitgirl232
    Options
    it goes according to age. I am 22 and my ideal cardio heart rate is in the 160s. The older you get the lower your heart rate needs to be in order to be considered cardio. If you look on the elliptical it usually has a chart that says what the heart rate range for age should be. Also the more in shape you become the lower your heart rate will be for that amount of work, and also the lower your resting heart rate is.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thats a good heart rate. When I run or walk fast I try to get my heart rate to 160 and I am 49 yrs young.