It's just water weight!!!!

Options
It's just water weight!!!!! People need to put that statement into perspective!! Water weight is still weight! Respect it. Your body is glad when its gone. That water crushes your heart and lungs! It blocks circulation from your legs and feet!!! It helps crush your joints in your hips knees,and ankles. People with excessive water weight have died from heart attacks, lost their feet or legs due to uncontrolled ulcers. When the weight comes off the body doesn't care if its just fat or just water or a combo of both. It just appreciates the relief! Be proud of every pound no matter what that pound is made up of!!! Blessings :wink:

Replies

• kinagreen
    Options
    Good Morning. I so agree with you. I notice that when I take my water pills this also helps me loose weight as well. I look forward to any other ideas you may have to help loose weight.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    No, I'm pretty sure the body retains water for various reasons. The body is 90% water in the first place, and thus water weight is what it is. It's like breathing. Even people who are within a healthy body composition have water weight fluctations.

Focus on fat loss, not water loss.
  • Dodgers33089
    Options
    is this a troll?
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight!!!!! People need to put that statement into perspective!! Water weight is still weight! Respect it. Your body is glad when its gone. That water crushes your heart and lungs! It blocks circulation from your legs and feet!!! It helps crush your joints in your hips knees,and ankles. People with excessive water weight have died from heart attacks, lost their feet or legs due to uncontrolled ulcers. When the weight comes off the body doesn't care if its just fat or just water or a combo of both. It just appreciates the relief! Be proud of every pound no matter what that pound is made up of!!! Blessings :wink:

This is one of the stranger posts I have read on here....
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    water weight makes ulcers?
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    1352913601.jpg
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    FEAR THE WATER!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1352913601.jpg

Whoa! I better stick with wine then just to be safe!!!
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Excessive water retention helps kills people everyday!! Its called edema. Morbidly obese people fight it daily. So do people with heart conditions. So when they lose 10 - 15 lbs in their first weeks of weight loss and people tell them its just water weight. They feel a little defeated, when that water is just as important to get off as fat. This journey is not just about fat loss, its about getting your whole body in tune. So no, no troll here. Study and get back to me. :tongue:
  • tempie286
    tempie286 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Nice post - water weight is a sign of eating too much food- calling things "Water weight" is an attempt to discount that
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Excessive water retention is a serious medical condition that needs to be treated.

A few extra pounds of water retention after a sodium-heavy meal or around a woman's period is not anything to worry about.
  • omgjennielee
    Options
    is this a troll?

lol...maybe
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Excessive water retention helps kills people everyday!! Its called edema. Morbidly obese people fight it daily. So do people with heart conditions. So when they lose 10 - 15 lbs in their first weeks of weight loss and people tell them its just water weight. They feel a little defeated, when that water is just as important to get off as fat. This journey is not just about fat loss, its about getting your whole body in tune. So no, no troll here. Study and get back to me. :tongue:

People point out that it's mostly water in those early weeks so that when the losses SLOW DOWN later, the person losing doesn't get discouraged and think they're suddenly doing something wrong.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    87b9389d5b.jpg
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    1352913601.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I have pretty aggressive edema. Trust me, it's just as unattractive as fat.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Actually severe edema can cause all of those things, including skin ulcers, but that would be severe edema not some sodium/hormonal/muscle repair bloat.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I never said don't drink water! The best way to fight water retention is to drink water!!! If your not drinking enough water your body holds onto all the water it can get. Then the body becomes dehydrated, toxic, and begins to swell with edema. So yes you can be behydrated and holding onto large amounts of water at the same time. Again study and get back to me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of this is true, but I'm going to panic just in case.