I wanna hear your Pillow Talk

Options
BeingAwesome247
BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
And by that I mean, I need actual advice about pillows haha

I generally fall asleep on my back but more often than not, end up on my right side - no big deal except that my pillow is getting old and flattened and I will wake up from horrible pain in my shoulder b/c I'm laying on it funny (it ends up almost pushed forward b/c I'm squishing it haha sorry best I can describe it)

I think a new pillow would help but I not sure what to go with and would like some suggestions

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My husband has a memory foam pillow and swears by it?
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    I was thinking bout those....I have a memory foam pad on top of my bed and LOOOOOVE it
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I hate pillows, I try to use them, but always wind up with the pillow on the floor and my head flat. But I always sleep on my belly, so maybe that's why.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Spend some money on a NICE pillow. You'll be glad you did. And do it as often as you need too. I've learned this in the last few years after many tossing and turning nights...and pain in the mornings. It's worth it and you're worth it!

I have a memory foam mattress and pillow and wouldn't trade them for anything. A memory foam pillow might seem too firm if you don't have a memory foam mattress but you can try them out at any mattress store, i'm guessing. We got ours at Serta.

Good luck...it sucks when your body hurts.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Husband has an expensive ($100) memory foam pillow. It works great but he has to replace it every 6 months because his heavy head squishes it. However, if you go to the store and buy just any memory foam pillow, you could end up with one that is too rigid, like a brick, or too soft. I've got both those kinds sitting at home right now. It's tough to find the right pillow! Go to the store and buy a good one. If you don't like it, get a different one. It is worth it to not wake up in pain!
  • justtryingtolive
    Options
    Sleep number cooling foam pillow......couldn't sleep without it.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Try a Buckwheat pillow. It supports while conforming and is cooler as it lets air circulate. Buckwheat offers passive support while the synthetics are more springy and resistant. Nothing comes near a buckwheat pillow.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about boobs..
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My husband has a memory foam pillow and swears by it?

hubby and i both have one, love it, don't wake up with sore neck anymore, or headaches
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    MjAxMi1iZDhhZTUwOTM0NjA5NTk4.png
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Definitely have to check into the memory foam it appears - Thank you!

And Acepero - my boobies wouldn't make very good pillows :wink:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a pillow that I took most of the stuffing out so it is now flat.......Take it everywhere with me...Can't sleep without it.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I use the Brookstone bio sense memory foam pillow. I love it.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    MjAxMi1iZDhhZTUwOTM0NjA5NTk4.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i have to have the firmest of pillows and hardest of mattresses...i sleep on my back and my side...Ive grown a custom to firm and hard things. :wink:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    And by that I mean, I need actual advice about pillows haha

I generally fall asleep on my back but more often than not, end up on my right side - no big deal except that my pillow is getting old and flattened and I will wake up from horrible pain in my shoulder b/c I'm laying on it funny (it ends up almost pushed forward b/c I'm squishing it haha sorry best I can describe it)

I think a new pillow would help but I not sure what to go with and would like some suggestions

As an ex-Brookstone employee make sure you give one of the memory pillows some time...A lot of people do not sleep well for the first week some it takes 2-3 to get used to the pillow.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    cdb0abe721d5188fe097a637805007d299bfdc7b_m.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxKCdFJgShD25nSkIxcwBURy4R9UCf-IhWb0LMLfIsTZgw_Re3aA
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    cdb0abe721d5188fe097a637805007d299bfdc7b_m.jpg