Period aka lady with the little red car

Options
Is it true that while a female is on her period she gains weight? or is this a myth?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    you don't gain weight, you retain water....which definitely shows on the scale.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's true. You retain water. I think the amount varies, but for me it's usually about 3 pounds. Every flipping month!
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just make it a point to not weigh myself that week. Too bad I'm getting mine the day before my birthday :(. I have this great dress to wear to my party but now I'm going to look even larger in the stomach area from bloating :(.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mine changes everytime depending on how much water I retain. The bad months where my PMS is ridiculous and I feel bloated and gross I use midol extra strength and it helps immensely. I weigh daily so I usually see a sudden increase of 1-3 lbs a day before TOM visits and by the last day it is usually gone.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's retained water and I have no idea why people make such a big deal out of it. It's natural, it happens every month, it's not fat, it goes away again, not something that needs to be worried about.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Water retention, so yes the number on the scale will go up, but it's not real "weight" and will come off quickly after you stop.
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The reason I ask is all through my weight loss journey I have taken off weight during my period and all of a sudden it is not coming off.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    It's true, absolutely! Just weigh yourself prior to your period and then the day before and you will see a difference!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't weigh myself until 2-3 days after your period...
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Car? I imagine her on a raft.
  • EvictingTheMassInMyAss
    Options
    BAHAHAHA that was FUNNY!!!!! theres times when I feel SHE is the raft and I am just along for the ride!!!!
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @little red car