Weightloss for wedding dresses!

Options
Anyone else sliming down to fit in to a beautiful dress to marry a magnificent person??? I'm trying to drop some poundage, and tone it up! I also want to fit into my skinny jeans comfortably! Let's talk!

Replies

• mphwizzkid
    Options
    Im not, but im sure you will find many women on here that are! Good Luck and welcome! We will try to help however we can! :)
  • andonsmama
    Options
    that is exactly what i am doing!!!! :smile:
    when is your wedding? mine is 4/5/13
  • littledoll89
    Options
    We are shooting for October '13, but don't quite have a date yet. I'm so excited for you! Is that your dress in your pic???
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Meeee! I'm getting married on 4/27/14...so I've got a good while to go...but since I'm close to my ultimate goal, I feel like that's all the more time to fall off the dang wagon again! All brides, feel free to add me! :)
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I am doing the same thing too. Of course, I want to make goal weight long before the wedding. Our date is set for October 4, 2013 in St. Thomas, USVI (beachside wedding). Let's help each other :)
  • UKChloeT
    Options
    My wedding is April 12th 2013!! Lost 5lbs so far, need to shift another stone before my dress fitting in March, which is an average of 1lb a week....with Christmas in the middle..eeeeekk!!!
  • Jess3142
    Jess3142 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 20lbs for my wedding in April,2013. But so far have gotten nowhere :( I can't seem to stick to eating healthy AND exercising.... I have a very hectic schedule as I am working full time, in school AND planning the wedding.... its been VERY hard for me. And I am soooo afraid to be too fat for my dress......
  • MandaJean83
    Options
    I need to lose 20lbs for my wedding in April,2013. But so far have gotten nowhere :( I can't seem to stick to eating healthy AND exercising.... I have a very hectic schedule as I am working full time, in school AND planning the wedding.... its been VERY hard for me. And I am soooo afraid to be too fat for my dress......

I'm doing the same thing...work full time, grad school at night, and wedding planning. On top of having my future husband's step kids every weekend who basically despite healthy food! Hahaha. Sometimes I feel like I'm screwed. LOL
  • andonsmama
    Options
    We are shooting for October '13, but don't quite have a date yet. I'm so excited for you! Is that your dress in your pic???

thanks and congrats to you!!!
    yes it is!! here it is online: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Charmeuse-Side-Drape-Gown-with-Sash-WG3026

i put it as my pic so i can be motivated to look even better in it!! :smile:

there is a group i am in 2013 Brides, come join!!! :flowerforyou:
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!! It's a little snug in the belly yet - so trying to wittle that part down. I'm getting married 2/23/13.
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My wedding is August 24, 2013 and I NEED to lose about 50lbs. I am 167 right now and would love to get to the 115-120lbs range. I have gone to try on dresses to get a feel for what it is I like and I think I have found THE dress but I have not purchased it yet. 1...because I want to lose weight first and not have to pay extra money for a bunch of alterating. and 2......I may like another dress once I lost weight.

I need all the support and motivation that I can find. I really want to look phenomenal and just start my journey to a healthier life!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    Me!!!!! It's a little snug in the belly yet - so trying to wittle that part down. I'm getting married 2/23/13.

Ditto! we can do this!
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

Ditto! we can do this!

Dude, I gotta....I want to be hot at my wedding!!!!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yep that's exactly what I'm doing, wedding on 29/03/13 hoping to drop the last of the weight in the next couple of months to get my dress fitted and to give me some breathing room, crimbo is going to be a nightmare, got about half a dozen parties to attend not including the big family meal (plus a couple of other meals out) argh!

5'5" CW 134 GW 125
    goal for Christmas 130...ish....... hopefully lower.... HAHahahaha yeah probably not :P

Feel free to add! Briiiiides unite! cha-ping!
  • littledoll89
    Options
    I'm *SO* excited there are so many other brides! I don't have a dress yet, and I am having trouble fitting in to them because my dimensions just don't really match. (Small chest/waist, but wide hips!) I just want to get to a size that doesn't fit me funny! I also try to keep up with my future husband; he is 7 feet tall, and plays sports all the time, on top of working, AND he hits the gym constantly, and cooks up a healthy dinner every night. I can't not try when I know he works so hard to look good for me (and SUCEEDS! lol!)
  • MandaJean83
    Options
    *BUMP* for any other brides? :)
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anyone else sliming down to fit in to a beautiful dress to marry a magnificent person??? I'm trying to drop some poundage, and tone it up! I also want to fit into my skinny jeans comfortably! Let's talk!

This couldn't be any closer to my situation!!! :)
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My wedding is 8/3/13 and I would like to lose at least 25 if not 50 or 60 pounds before then...
  • bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    planning for May long weekend 2013. Started with MFP in March and I have lost 40 pounds - down from size 12/14 to a size 6! Think I might try to lose another 5 pounds as "insurance", that will let me eat a bit more over the holidays and still fit into the dress. :laugh:
  • emcemc1
    Options
    yes! Aiming for a wedding date August or Sept 2013. Would love to join a group to stay motivated!