A Tale of Three Kevins: A Dating Story (off topic)

Options

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Just stay far far away from back hair guy!!!

Hey!?!

:sad:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Well, may I be the first to say that your post caught my attention b/c my hubby's name is Kevin!!! And I must say that "Kevin's" can be pretty good guys!!! My hub is awesome!!! :love:

Good luck! Way to get back out there!!! :flowerforyou:

:heart: KB
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Thank you I'm not the only one. I love have you have code names for them. No one knows anyone I've ever dated by name, they're always, gym guy, out of town guy, tattoo guy, back hair guy etc.

I think I qualify for all of those.....:huh:

Hint, Hint, Bethanie!!! :love: Heehee!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    WanderingLight... I just wanted to add that my folks met on match.com. :heart: They have been married now for almost 6 years! :love: It was during the time when they had a 30-day trial... each of their friends told them to try it out. :wink: They wrote to one another first... met... fell in love... were engaged 6 months later... married 2 1/2 months after engagement! It's a crazy world but you never know what can happen! :bigsmile:

:heart: Love is still out there!!! Trust me!!! :heart:

~KB
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    WanderingLight... I just wanted to add that my folks met on match.com. :heart: They have been married now for almost 6 years! :love: It was during the time when they had a 30-day trial... each of their friends told them to try it out. :wink: They wrote to one another first... met... fell in love... were engaged 6 months later... married 2 1/2 months after engagement! It's a crazy world but you never know what can happen! :bigsmile:

:heart: Love is still out there!!! Trust me!!! :heart:

~KB

Tamim..FitKB...Cami...I love your success stories! It's really inspirational.

And Bethanie...secret confession...my ex-boyfriend was a "back hair guy" and I completely did not care. He was such an amazing guy! It's true that when you are love, that stuff just doesn't matter. It's when you first meet someone that it's easy to find those faults. So I'm glad you gave your furry friend a chance. I'm trying to keep an open mind through this process...but sometimes it is hard!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I hear so much about this online dating. :tongue: Be careful by taking your time getting to know them the best you can and perhaps in public dating for awhile. I hope you find the perfect match. :heart: Maybe we will see you on one of those commercials showing the two of yous hugging and gazing in each others eyes:heart: Question? Are they all about the same age, do they have good jobs, been married before and children? Lots to know:happy: Like a back ground check.....prison time? Sorry I would really check them out.

You are a producer of Discovery Channel? What a great job you have, do you get to travel a lot? I love the Discovery Channel. Good going girl:drinker:

Aunt Karen -- thanks for the advice. I'm definitely taking it slow. The cool part is just the chance to meet so many people doing so many different types of things...and frankly the producer in me just comes out. I want to hear everyone's stories, even if there are no sparks! One guy was an owl surgeon, another was a video game designer, another was a fireman...so it's been interesting.

It's pretty easy to stay safe, at least as safe as you would be in normal life anyway. We always meet in public places, I drive myself, etc. So far, so good! Thanks for your good wishes. Oh and yes, I travel SO much -- I was gone about 9 months last year. That's why I'm trying online dating. I found that when I come home, I just want to be mellow and hang with friends and family, NOT cruise the bars looking for a boyfriend! This seemed like a good way to meet people.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    ~KB
    [/quote]

And Bethanie...secret confession...my ex-boyfriend was a "back hair guy" and I completely did not care. He was such an amazing guy! It's true that when you are love, that stuff just doesn't matter. It's when you first meet someone that it's easy to find those faults. So I'm glad you gave your furry friend a chance. I'm trying to keep an open mind through this process...but sometimes it is hard!
    [/quote]

My confession. Back hair guy was great and the back hair wasn't an issue. It just seems 'nice girls' finish last so I'm trying to figure it out. We were a great compliment to each other. I guess it wasn't my choice. Moving on.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Tamim..FitKB...Cami...I love your success stories! It's really inspirational.

My confession. Back hair guy was great and the back hair wasn't an issue. It just seems 'nice girls' finish last so I'm trying to figure it out. We were a great compliment to each other. I guess it wasn't my choice. Moving on.
    [/quote]

From my experience the folks 'finishing last' are a great group of people to get to know. :wink:
  • wanderinglight
    Options

From my experience the folks 'finishing last' are a great group of people to get to know. :wink:

I couldn't agree more! I'd rather hang back and enjoy the company!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options

I couldn't agree more! I'd rather hang back and enjoy the company!

sounds like all the good company is right here!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    ok this confirms that I'm happy just the way I am.. single and not interested in dating :laugh:

Good luck to you though!

You and me both sister. :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    For those of you following our fearless heroine as she braves the world of online dating, take heart! Things are going great!

I let go of Decaf Kevin -- not enough of a kick.

Today was first date with Cappucino Kevin -- total cutie! He's an architecht, very nice and interesting and we had a great time at lunch. He has the most amazing blue eyes, wants to charter a sailboat to the Greek Isles, and was very nice and solicitious.

But, even more exciting, yesterday Coffee Kevin canceled on the last minute, while I was already at the restaurant. Needless to say, Coffee Kevin will probably be tossed out like used grounds. Anyway, I decided to just order lunch myself and luckily I had my book with me. Within a minute, this tall, dark, handsome stranger in flipflops comes over and we start talking about Anna Karenina (a ripping good read btw). Three hours later, we are still talking about everything under the sun. It was so...easy...

Turns out he lives on my street. So, I think the universe is looking out for me! If Coffee Kevin hadn't canceled, I would have never met Dreamboat. Who knows what will happen with him...I can't wait to find out!

In other news, I had another date last night with a Big Time Hollywood Player and, when asked by me why he was doing match, he replied, "I guess I'm just so tired of dating supermodels and I wanted to meet someone more average and normal." I almost spit out my $20 glass of merlot...and had to ask, "is that line really working for you?" LOLOL. Welcome to my world...
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    For those of you following our fearless heroine as she braves the world of online dating, take heart! Things are going great!

Today was first date with Cappucino Kevin -- total cutie! He's an architecht, very nice and interesting and we had a great time at lunch. He has the most amazing blue eyes, wants to charter a sailboat to the Greek Isles, and was very nice and solicitious.

But, even more exciting, yesterday Coffee Kevin canceled on the last minute, while I was already at the restaurant. Needless to say, Coffee Kevin will probably be tossed out like used grounds. Anyway, I decided to just order lunch myself and luckily I had my book with me. Within a minute, this tall, dark, handsome stranger in flipflops comes over and we start talking about Anna Karenina (a ripping good read btw). Three hours later, we are still talking about everything under the sun. It was so...easy...

Turns out he lives on my street. So, I think the universe is looking out for me! If Coffee Kevin hadn't canceled, I would have never met Dreamboat. Who knows what will happen with him...I can't wait to find out!

In other news, I had another date last night with a Big Time Hollywood Player and, when asked by me why he was doing match, he replied, "I guess I'm just so tired of dating supermodels and I wanted to meet someone more average and normal." I almost spit out my $20 glass of merlot...and had to ask, "is that line really working for you?" LOLOL. Welcome to my world...

:noway: omg.....girl...next time spit it in his face...what a poser! as we say in the "business" lmbo...ya he's a catch! that you throw back immediately before it stinks up the joint! whoooosh! :sick: enjoy supermodels of the world! :noway: lmbo....(his dreamworld if ya ask me!:laugh: ) okay enough of my rant stickin up for my home girl.....back to the dates!!!:heart:

okay is coffee Kevin the same as cappa Kevin....if so yup time to toss those grinds:explode: ....cuz you my sweet interesting, BEEEEAAAAAUUUUUUTTTTTTIIIIIFFFFFUUUULLLLLLL friend....are again what we call in the business...."a real catch".:smooched: ...( I don't know what the business is actually I just like saying it LOL):ohwell:

I am sooo liking this tall dark stranger.:love: ...it sounds like destiny...so far....until we learn more you BE CAREFUL! :huh: because you are beautiful and well we dont' know him yet...yet!:wink:

but if he checks out then I'm super happy!:drinker:

and I think I would totally dig your life....wanna switch....I hear its freaky friday!:ohwell:

hugs and keep us posted!!! love is in the air!!!
    ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Sounds like you are having quite the adventure.

I love reading your posts....they are so entertaining!!

Things happen for a reason and it seems as though things are getting narrowed down without you having to do too much! This stranger you met sounds GREAT!

And the Hollywood player guy! MAN!! What a loser!!! HAHA!

Have fun!!!!

-Tami
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Yes, everything does happen for a reason! :wink: Any more dates with Dreamboat guy?
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Yeah, I get the same thing when I date all those super hollywood actresses.....:noway:

Anyway, sounds like dreamboat might be a keeper, thanks coffee Kevin!!!

:wink:

:laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No, Ali, remember there are 3 THREE Kevins now, can you believe it!!!! Decaf Kevin is gone, Coffee Kevin is the medium guy, and Cappaccino Kevin is the most promising!

See, I pay attention, Lightgirl who wanders. Tall Dark and Handsome was a surprise! And Hollywood Player wants a "normal" girl, not a person totally into their looks only (supermodel) who can't even eat out without throwing up later.....

Normal is GOOD! It was an offhand compliment.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Yanno... I think I'll just keep an eye on how you do out there :laugh:

Seriously though, sounds like things aren't dull for you in anyway at all.... good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It's nice to read about your dating adventures. Doesn't sound to boring:wink: Wish you all the happiness and hope the Right one for you is there. :happy: Then we can hear about your Love story:heart:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    No, Ali, remember there are 3 THREE Kevins now, can you believe it!!!! Decaf Kevin is gone, Coffee Kevin is the medium guy, and Cappaccino Kevin is the most promising!

See, I pay attention, Lightgirl who wanders. Tall Dark and Handsome was a surprise! And Hollywood Player wants a "normal" girl, not a person totally into their looks only (supermodel) who can't even eat out without throwing up later.....

Normal is GOOD! It was an offhand compliment.

Yay, Beep! Way to summarize! Yep, now that Decaf Kevin and Coffee Kevin are out of rotation, it's a lot simpler. Although...there are two Jeffs coming down the pipeline...

And regarding BTHP, I guess I didn't take it as a compliment. To me, it would be like saying to a guy "I'm tired of dating billionaires, I just want to go out with a loser for a while to keep it real." LOLOL.

Dreamboat Dan emailed me today -- I think we are going to try and get together again within the week.

YAY, Anna Karenina!!!!