Looking to lose 60 lbs.... Interested?

Options
Hello everyone,

Today is my first day here at My Fitness Pal. My daughter recommended this site and told me that her good friend had lost 60 lbs using My Fitness Pal.

I recently got a good scare at the doctor's office when my stress test gave a positive negative result for heart disease. That was a little wake up call me for me. I am 47 years old and have been living and eating as if I am 20. The body knows best and it's time for me to start taking care of myself, lose the weight, and adapt a healthier lifestyle.

So here I am, trying to make this happen, I would love to hear any pointers, advise, motivation that anyone would like to share with me.

Wish me luck and here I come!!
Carolina

Replies

• tcg11225
    Options
    Good Morning and Welcome,

Today is my first day on the site as well and so far I think I'm going to enjoy it. I would like to say that it's never too late to turn a negative into a positive and your are on the right track in doing so. Also, remember that with GOD's help, anything is possible. I wish you luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.:smile:
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been off an on doing MFP. I am really sticking with it this time. Since starting my weight loss journey back in January I had originally lost 20 pounds doing Body by Vi shakes and going to the gym 5-6 days a week but then got so busy with kids sports which went into the summer that I decided to take a little break and not worry to much. I stopped going to the gym and would occasionally have a shake. Unfortunatly I gained about 10 pounds back. But I will be going on my 3rd week of back to the gym and shakes and with tomorrow being my 2nd weigh in I am hoping to have lost another 2 pounds to add to my 2 pounds from last week. I forgot how much I love the gym. I never dreamed that I would say that. It is amazying how tracking your food can really give you a dose of reality on how good or bad you are eating!

Good luck and we are all here to give you support and advice!
  • aurora05211107
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Ashlee and this is my first week on fitpal. :) I am hoping to lose just over 100 pounds. I have a long journey ahead of me but would love any and all support. :) Feel free to add me if you'd like support aswell. :)
  • kinagreen
    Options
    GM. Yes this App works well. I have lost 4o pounds since signing up.
  • jrdeal
    jrdeal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 47 as well and I too, have been eating like i was 20 and it's showing! I have been doing MFP for about a week and a half now and it's really helping me to be aware of what I am eating and it's working! I've lost 11 pounds so far with 42 to go. Feel free to add me if you want accountability.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I joined yesterday and have about 60lbs to lose as well. We can support eachother along the way. Good luck to you!!!!!!!
  • carolinapalacios
    Options
    That is great.. thanks for the message. Let's see how this goes, I wish you the best!!
  • carolinapalacios
    Options
    Wow, good for you... I'm so happy that you've lost so much wow. That only motivates me to try to lose myself. I'll keep you updated!!
  • carolinapalacios
    Options
    Wow.... you've lost 40 lbs... that's great... how many are you looking to lose?
  • carolinapalacios
    Options
    I have 60 to lose, but you can do it, we can do it together!!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi Carolina,

Best of luck to you in your journey to lose weight and get in shape. The most sound advise I can give you is research, research, research. You will have everyone on God's green earth telling you how it's done which can be great but research what advise you are given and educate yourself as much as possible. Going through the motions without knowing why can be very difficult and trying at times.

Enjoy the journey!

Bernadette :-)
  • NHBL
    NHBL Posts: 2
    Options
    THIS IS MY FIRST WEEK AND I AM EXCITED ABOUT ATTEMPTING TO LOSE 50 LBS. MFP IS MAKING ME AWARE OF WHAT I AM PUTTING IN MY MOUTH. GOOD LUCK
  • Carol_123
    Carol_123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You'll love it. I'm 41 with around 60 to lose. I was shocked to see just how badly I was eating having to log it all in here and between that and meeting some awesome people here to cheer you on, it makes the weight loss journey so much easier. It's always great to add more people to help keep up your accountability.
  • stefy1120
    Options
    You're daughter must be intelligent, beautiful and chrismatic ;)
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this site and I'm completely addicted to it. The words of encouragement I receive from these lovely gals every day help me 100%. I feel a sense of accomplished after completing my daily food and exercise diary. I've only lost 3.4 lbs, but it's just the beginning. I can do anything I set my mind too and so can most people with some help! We all have great, good and bad days, but that's why this site is so amazing. No one judges. Everyone is here for the same reason and understands when the other one slips.

Welcome to MFP. I think you're going to love it :)

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!

Yaya :)
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends and welcome to MFP. Time to get to busy on improving your lifestyle.

Anyone here feel free to add me as a friend.

43 Husband of 1 - Parent of 2

This place along with my local gym has helped me immensely. I have lost weight but my most notable differences have been clothes belt shirts all getting baggy on my. Lost another notch on my belt yesterday!

I've actively been a member since July of this year.
  • caschw
    caschw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for quite a while. I've lost 80 lbs. since my highest weight. This sight has helped keep me on track by entering my food and exercise. I still have more to lose but feel I have a handle on this now.
  • truered03
    Options
    Just started today and have 40lbs to lose, hoping that this site is going to help me to get there.
    Up to now feels good and is making me more aware and accountable of/for my behaviour.
    It'll be a long journey!