setting goals & changing calories ???

Options
I decided to play around with my goals and see how my daily calories would change if I changed activity levels and exercise goals. Then when I put it back to what I normally had it set to my daily calories count was 10 less than before. I have lost 3 pounds since I started on the site and wonder if since my weight is different then when I first set goals if that is why I have 10 less now. I am now guessing that we should be checking/changing our goals every so often to keep up with the calories per weight. I was hoping it would automatically adjust. For anyone that lost a greater amount of weight, has your calorie count changed on it's own????

Replies

• hskrdoo
    hskrdoo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it automatically adjusts but I found this on the help page:

A. Every time you record your weight in our system, MyFitnessPal checks to see if you've lost 10 pounds since the last time your goals were calculated. If so, we'll ask you if you'd like to reset your goals based on your new weight.
  • singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Options
    Mine changes on its own. When I check in with a new weight it automatically resets my calorie goals. The lowest it will go is 1200 per day though.
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    Thank you I have a long way to go before hitting 1200.