Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole

Hellbent_Heidi
Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
If you've ever had this at the steakhouse..you already know its AMAZING! someone just sent it to me, so I thought I'd share for Thanksgiving.

Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse - Sweet Potato Casserole
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients:
CRUST
 1 cup brown sugar
 1/3 cup flour
 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
 1/4 cup butter (melted)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
 1 cup sugar
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 2 eggs (well beaten)
 1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
Directions:
Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.

Replies

• just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    I make this frequently. My scaled down version (half the butter and sugar in the sweet potatoes) is still over 300 calories per serving. BUT... this is an incredibly delicious recipe! :happy:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    I make this frequently. My scaled down version (half the butter and sugar in the sweet potatoes) is still over 300 calories per serving. BUT... this is an incredibly delicious recipe! :happy:
    Definitely not a healthy recipe....but I know a lot of people take Thanksgiving off.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/ruths-chris-steakhouse-sweet-potato-casserole-42298449
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    This sounds so good!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Thanks!
  • Beth71284
    Beth71284 Posts: 30 Member
    Bump for later!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    wow.. sounds delicious.. but to many calories for me..
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    I'm not a huge sweet potato lover, but this is one way I tolerate them. Go figure!

Bump! LOL!
  • totally cooking this for Thanksgiving
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    bump
  • Cooked this yesterday, it came out really really sweet. But, it came out well. Next time I'll probably cut down on the sugar, but it was still awesome!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    We have made this a few times, and it was AMAZING! Absolutely positively worth the calories....

But i only eat it as a side dish, so that I can justify having half of a serving. It is absolutely divine, and I could eat the whole pan otherwise!
  • sarahcsmaller
    sarahcsmaller Posts: 68 Member
    Gotta try this. will do the lower fat version. love sweet potatoes au natural :)
  • Beth71284
    Beth71284 Posts: 30 Member
    I made this for Thanksgiving and it was fantastic! Thank you so much! I did use half the sugar in the sweet potato mixture and it was still really sweet.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    I made this for Thanksgiving and it was fantastic! Thank you so much! I did use half the sugar in the sweet potato mixture and it was still really sweet.
    Good to know.. I've found I can usually cut back the sugar a lot in most recipes and it doesn't effect the taste very much!
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    bump - my favorite dish!