ONE YEAR + 106 LBS LOST + NO SURGERY: Before & After pics!

Options
combinedweightloss2012.jpg

One year ago today, I decided to make a big change in my life—an alteration to dramatically modify my eating and exercise habits and live a healthier, happier life—and most importantly to do it on my own, without surgical intervention. I worked with my doctor once a month to weigh in, re-adjust my diet, and keep me on a positive trajectory, and it worked. She encouraged me to track all of my calories (currently, I’m on a 1,200 calorie diet—but usually I eat between 1000-1100 calories) on www.myfitnesspal.com and it was eye opening to see how many extra calories I was consuming.

Diet was obviously the most critical thing that needed to change. Small modifications didn’t work for me—I needed a complete overhaul; it was all or nothing, and ensured my continued success. All junk food was thrown out and replaced with healthy, organic, low calorie, unprocessed food, and my diet became almost entirely vegetarian. I learned that food is fuel for my workouts, not really something to gorge on or just haphazardly consume.

Besides my changes in diet, my fitness regimen also was critical. I began working out 1-2x a week at first for about 6 months, but started seeing my weight and body change drastically when I started training 4-5x a week. It’s been amazing to see a new physicality that I never knew was inside of me; to see how truly strong my body is, and how important every class is to maintain what I’ve been working so hard to achieve.

Replies

• Romes08
    Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow Fantastic job!! You look fantastic!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, congratulations.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
  • virgolove34
    virgolove34 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • arieswissmiss
    Options
    Wow awesomely beautiful! you look like 15 years younger too!
  • pilatemom
    Options
    Woooow! You seriously look so different and sooo beautiful.
  • Clemsonmom
    Clemsonmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! SO PROUD OF YOU! I NEEDED TO SEE A REASON TO CONTINUE WHEN IT GETS HARD!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look awesome!! Great job.
  • Ddubb94
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Awesome dedication...you look fantastic :happy:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, I think you are doing an amazing job, and you are losing weight just fine on 1100-1200 calories a day plus exercise. I always see people talk about not eating under 1200 calories a day because you will not lose weight and that is simply not true. I don't lose weight when I eat over 1600 calories, I also have to eat a far amount less and the more I gain muscle and lose weight I am able to up the calories. Excellent work.
  • u2farmer
    u2farmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, and you look amazing, too! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • asheli324
    Options
    Amazing! You are gorgeous!
  • tiffanyturcotte
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! <3<3<3
  • FootballMum3Boyz
    FootballMum3Boyz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look fantastic!!
  • KenderaPage
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing!
  • Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    Kudos to you! Thanks for posting, and for the awesome inspiration!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fabulous doll!!!!!!!!! Love that you did it with good old nutrition and exercise!
  • swobocop8u
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! That takes real commitment!
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look so happy and fantastic. I love the bottom right "now" picture, you look so sassy!!!
    Great progress in that year - 106lbs! Thank you for sharing, you are such an inspiration!!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!