Answer to HOW DID YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT-302 to 198

Options
Already, so many people have asked, how did I lose the weight. I know there are so many people out there just like me who think that they could never lose the weight, who watch biggest loser and bawl their eyes out wishing it was them...I get it. I would love to tell you how I did it. I don't believe in being secretive about it at all. And would you believe the actual secret; if there was one, is that THERE IS NO SECRET?!? Seriously, it is all about eating less, healthier foods and getting moving and motivated. Ok, I will start from the start because what better place to begin? On March 26th I made an appointment with my Dr. because I had my moment. I was sitting at the table eating chips for breakfast (yes, chips) and I was just fed up. I don't really know what happened to me in that exact moment, but it was something. I went in and was weighed, 294, although I had been up to 302 at a point. Had blood work done, everything was through the roof, blood pressure was crazy high, etc. etc. My doctor prescribed me Phentermine 37.5, this is an appetite suppressant and no insurance covers it. It is about $30 per month give or take depending on where you get it. It made me feel full and I was no longer binging and my eating became controllable. There were days where I had to remind myself to eat a meal. You no longer feel hungry but you must have enough sense to know when to eat. I dropped the first 50-60 pounds almost instantly, within just a few months. I also started exercising, little at first. I was SO out of shape I would ride the elliptical for 10 minutes and be beet red, sweaty and feeling like I was going to die. I just pushed through it and didn't give myself the opportunity to give up. It eventually got easier and now I can go 30-60 minutes on one of those with ease...that is something I never thought I would say in a million years! I also do the 30 Day Shred workouts and walk. If you change it up a bit, you get bored less often with the workouts. I try to make sure to do something for at least 30 minutes per day. I also stopped drinking soda. Some may say, how about diet soda? NO. Diet soda is worse than regular, really. Just no soda, just quit it. I only drink water...no juice, no milk, no tea, no coffee, no hot chocolate, no no no. If I need flavoring which I do, I use Mio water enhancer. I also changed the foods I eat and the way I prepare the foods I eat. If you are interested in my version of of "Eat this not that" you can read on, if not, good luck with losing the weight. If I can do this so can you, I promise! It just takes time, and day by day strength. We are all capable of incredible things.

MY "eat this not that" list

EAT THIS NOT THAT!!
Lean Ground Turkey Ground Beef
Unsweetened Almond Milk- Cows Milk
Light or Greek yogurt and light cheese- Regular yogurt or cheese
I cant believe its not butter spray- Butter or margarine
Olive oil- Vegetable or canola oil
Almond Butter - Peanut Butter
Marys Gone Crackers- Saltines or other crackers
Low sodium soups, broths and etc-. Regular Soups, broths and etc.
Pork, white meat chicken, lean turkey, fish- Red Meat
Sweet Potato- White, yellow or red potato
Veggie or turkey burger- Beef burger
Any brand thin buns(whole wheat)- White buns, white bread
Brown Rice- White rice
Whole wheat pastas- White pastas
Canned Albacore tuna in water- Canned pink tuna in water or oil
Frozen Banana- Ice cream
(may be dark chocolate dipped)
Crunchy raw fruits and veggies- Chips or other salty snacks
Unsalted raw nuts- Salted mixed nuts

Replies

• Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I'm in Awe!
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I just bought 3 different eat this and not that books because my professor has suggested it...but congrats on your loss and you are an inspiration..
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I too have lost weight and people always want to know 1)how did you do it? 2)i bet you don't eat anything sweet or junk food? what are you always exercising? and you are so very right, slow down on the intake double up on the movement and drink lots o water!

Way to go! awesome!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    At least you are making changes to your eating and exercising!

95% of people I know using phentermine DON'T.
    Then they gain back all the weight, and more fat.
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I know you feel so much better!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • astuteliz
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for your inspiring story. I immediately copied your eat this - not that list and plan to discuss the appetite suppressant with my doc.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for your inspiring story. I immediately copied your eat this - not that list and plan to discuss the appetite suppressant with my doc.

Great! Good luck!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased for your success, you have clearly acheived some great results and I am glad that you are not just relying on the drug to make the change for you.

One small point though, I (as have many others) have had great success eating almost everything on the right hand side of your list, including diet sodas. :tongue: . Just remember that it is the balance of energy that is the most important factor.
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Really loved your post! Congrats on your lifestyle changes (& weight loss). :smile:
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    congrats! thanks for sharing!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It really is that simple. For some. Others like myself with hypothyroidism will NEVER lose that fast. It'd be a true miracle if it were to happen that way. I've been going at this since July .. the real key is to not give up.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Exactly...

Are you still taking the Phentermine?

I know many people who have taken Phen (it was not for me, I did try it when my dr prescribed it, but it was just not for me) ... A friend of mine is now on her 3rd cycle of Phen, she took it lost 65lbs, went off it and gained back 40lbs, took it again lost her 40lbs and then gained back her 40lbs... it's been a cycle, and I keep trying to explain to her that you have to LEARN how to eat... Phen restricts your diet down to almost 800 calories a day or less... you can't eat like that normally, but what you can do is teach yourself how to eat right... I love your eat this, not that list... I think you have taught yourself the trick to being successful using Phen.
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Keep up the great work!

22233788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tmfrater77
    tmfrater77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. Congrats on your success!!!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased for your success, you have clearly acheived some great results and I am glad that you are not just relying on the drug to make the change for you.

One small point though, I (as have many others) have had great success eating almost everything on the right hand side of your list, including diet sodas. :tongue: . Just remember that it is the balance of energy that is the most important factor.

Completely agree ^^^ Congrats doll on your success story!!!!!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is WONDERFUL and thank you for sharing!
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! You are so right! Drink Water. Water. Water. Water. :D
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

Exactly...

Are you still taking the Phentermine?

I know many people who have taken Phen (it was not for me, I did try it when my dr prescribed it, but it was just not for me) ... A friend of mine is now on her 3rd cycle of Phen, she took it lost 65lbs, went off it and gained back 40lbs, took it again lost her 40lbs and then gained back her 40lbs... it's been a cycle, and I keep trying to explain to her that you have to LEARN how to eat... Phen restricts your diet down to almost 800 calories a day or less... you can't eat like that normally, but what you can do is teach yourself how to eat right... I love your eat this, not that list... I think you have taught yourself the trick to being successful using Phen.

No, I am no longer taking the pill. I have not taken it for a couple months now.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    very inspirational! thank you for sharing your story and the list of foods!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!