Low Cal TASTY Snacks

Options
Hi,
Can anyone tell me any snacks I can eat which are healthy?
Thanks
RosRozzo :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    A small apple with a tablespoon of nutbutter (I prefer almond) mixed with a pinch of cinnamon and a little sweetener. Only about 150calI think =)
  • HelloSunshine
    Options
    A small apple with a tablespoon of nutbutter (I prefer almond) mixed with a pinch of cinnamon and a little sweetener. Only about 150calI think =)

Okay you have just got to tell me... Where at my local grocery store can I find almond butter?
    I hunted up and down for that stuff yesterday and could not find it anywhere!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    It might be tucked into the asian/indian food isle - in our store it is where the tahini is - and that is with the indian food

You might also try chick peas - soaked and cooked a bit, let them cool and put a bit of vinegar and some hebs on them! yummy
  • mandywright
    Options
    I like Quaker rice cakes. They are only 50 calories per cake.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    fruit is always good or try yogurt. fiber one strawberry yogurt is 50 calories.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In my store, the almond butter is in the organic section. Up until recently I had to buy it at whole foods.

I love 1% cottage cheese mixed with mandarin oranges. It's super sweet!

I also like cottage cheese mixed with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, a tbsp of Italian dressing, salt, pepper, onion and dill, sprinkled with chopped almonds! Amazing!
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    I've never tried this but people seem to love celery/cucumber with peanut butter. Light popcorn is around 100 cals per bag. Roce crackers, in various flavours are also below 150 cals per serving (obviously this varies with brand). Raw nuts, like almonds, walnuts, etc,
    Yoplait yogurts, Cheerios...
    Also, I like cucumber sticks sprinkled in salt. It is delicious :love:
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    tzatziki is fantastic - it's a greek yogurt cucumber dill dip! goes great with a ton of stuff. i also snack on sargento 2% milk string cheese! yummy!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    a piece of fruit
    carrots and hummus
    I second the rice cakes - I do the mini ones and the cheddar flavor to curb cravings for cheetos/doritos/etc
    kashi or fiber one granola bars - kashi makes a blackberry flavor which is fantastic
    some almonds and dried cranberries
    low or nonfat yogurt (I love Oikos or the fiber one in the key lime flavor) with fiber one or kashi cereal
    I make meringues which are only 34 calories each and chocolate biscotti which are about 80 calories each - both from the cooking light site
    muffins from spice cake mix made with canned pumpkin (got the idea from the posts here)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. If you put a tad of the powdered sugar free fat free lemon pudding mix in it, it tastes like lemon mousse :)) or whatever flavor you crave. And you are getting protein as well as satisfying a craving.

Philly Swirl makes 14 or 16 (can't remember at the moment) calorie swirl pops (sugar free) that taste like creamsicles...delish and you can have a couple at one sitting!

I eat a LOT of fruit, all different kinds, made all different ways. For instance one of my favorites is split a banana in 2, spray a little buttery spray (like the I can't believe its not butter stuff) on it, put a little Splenda and coconut flakes on top and bake it for 20 minutes, the coconut gets all crispy and it tastes like you're eating a dessert!

Also Luna Bar has these little snack bars that you can swear you're eating candy bars! And only 80 calories and nutrition to them.

Experiment! Its fun.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I buy prepackaged lofat cream cheese at the big box stores and have an ounce a day with whatever crackers I can dig up.