the urge to binge

Options
for those of you also in recovery or former ED what triggers a relapse and how do you handle it? thank you in advance.

Replies

• jonesey65244
    Options
    It's hard to say what it is that triggers it. I know with me, it is "power of suggestion" a lot of the time. I will see someone eat something on TV or hear something mentioned on radio, and right away, I WANT ONE, TOO!!!.

I, too had a close one tonight. I went grocery shopping, and damn near bought a couple jugs of wine to swallow. 2000+ calories of nothingness. But I prevailed tonight.

You did, too...GOOD FOR US!!!

jonesey65244
  • aimeebug82
    aimeebug82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go to the store or out to eat with someone. if i go alone i will get "extra's" and eat it ALL then get rid of the evidence before i get home.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood. If I'm feeling low, I will reach for the chips and carbs to comfort me. It's like an intense NEED for them.

Lately, I've been making a conscience effort to cook hot healthy meals for comfort and I take baths when I'm bored and want to binge.

Good rule of them: You won't eat it if you don't buy it. Keep your house stocked with healthy stuff.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my trigger is....I guess I go into "it's ok to be bad today I'll go back to how good I've been tomorrow"....then I'm off my wagon and eating junk all the time and gaining... I know I do this and to not to it...but something in my mind is fogged... Eating with other people is the worst for me! If they eat bad I want to eat bad too!
  • aimeebug82
    aimeebug82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my trigger is....I guess I go into "it's ok to be bad today I'll go back to how good I've been tomorrow"....then I'm off my wagon and eating junk all the time and gaining... I know I do this and to not to it...but something in my mind is fogged... Eating with other people is the worst for me! If they eat bad I want to eat bad too!

I do that alot to with thinking "oh its just one meal" or whatever i'm eating. but when i eat with others i think if i eat bad or alot they might think i'm a pig so i try to keep it light...i even do that at family functions. guess that makes me a closet food junkie Lol!