Eggs for dinner tonight, but I need a receipe

Options
Tired of the boring old omlet any new ideas?

Replies

• Chopshopcop
    Chopshopcop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Asparagus Omelet Tart with Dill Polenta Crust

Prep Time: 15 mins
    Cook Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
    Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins
    Serves: 6

Ingredients
    Crust:
    3 cups chicken stock
    3/4 cup yellow cornmeal (coarser is better)
    1 tablespoon fresh dill
    1 teaspoon fresh pepper

FILLING:
    3/4 pound fresh asparagus
    1 roasted red pepper
    4 large eggs
    1/2 cup low-fat milk
    1/3 cup grated onion
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    3/4 cup shredded Fontina or Swiss cheese
    3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
    Directions

Bring stock to a boil, whisk in cornmeal slowly. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; stir frequently the first four minutes, then mix every few minutes, always stirring in the same direction. When the polenta pulls away from the side of the pot, it's done. Add pepper and mix. Spread polenta evenly in a pie pan.

Snap off the bottoms of each asparagus. Cut into two inch pieces and blanch for three minutes in boiling water. Clean roasted pepper and cut into strips. Whisk together eggs and add milk, onion, salt, and pepper. In bottom of shell, place peppers and asparagus. Top with cheeses. Pour egg mix over all and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You could do a quiche - tons of recipes out there. Basically eggs, milk, whatever veggies you have on hand. Bake at 350 until firm. I also make mini ones using the premade biscuit dough as the bottom in muffin tins. Tastes awesome, and super easy!

Hard boiled eggs on a salad.

Poached eggs.

Scrambled eggs with tons of veggies (and bacon!).
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every day. Either scrambled with red,orange and yellow peppers, or sunny side up on an english muffin.

Eggs Benedict is my favourite but I've never tried to make it at home.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    2 eggs, one mushed banana....whisk up and make pancakes, or add one scoop of protein powder and put in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes for a protein puffycake of joy (you can search this on here) - I love them with thawed blueberries and a little yogurt.