My NSV for the day

Options
So, I ate breakfast like a good girl and about 11:30 or so, I was starving as is the norm for me. I was running errands for work and I could have totally stopped and gotten something real bad for me bc I felt the blood sugar crashing down, but I held strong, drove past the bad place and ordered a beautiful salad for lunch that I thoroughly enjoyed. I felt awesome for not giving into my temptations, yay me!!!! :drinker:

Edited to add, I had to wait about 45 extra minutes to eat lunch and we all know how long that feels when we're HANGRY!!!!!

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Celebrate every success no matter how small. Good for you.
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Celebrate every success no matter how small. Good for you.

I agree with this! Good job - I know how hard it can be to resist temptation!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every one of those little decisions is a victory!

(PS what about carrying a few roasted almonds or something in your handbag for an emergency snack?)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

(PS what about carrying a few roasted almonds or something in your handbag for an emergency snack?)

^^That would be a great idea! I'm so not a planner though and I know I would forget, but it's a stellar idea nonetheless
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I like that idea!
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrat's! It is always a wonderful thing when you do not cave to cravings. WTG!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great success indeed. :drinker:
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You rock Self-Control Goddess!