Cookbooks

Options
Anyone have suggestions for HEALTHY cookbooks that list the calories for each meal?

Replies

• tsherwin
    tsherwin Posts: 8
    Options
    check out any heart healthy cookbooks, and weight watchers cookbooks. they usually have the nutritional information for all the recipes.
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Reader's Digest "Magic Foods" is really good I use it all the time, as well I just bought Better Homes and Gardens "Eat Well to Lose Weight" and it has some really good recipes as well. Both list all the nutrition information for each recipe.
  • Jparadise72
    Options
    Bump!!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The American Heart Association has several good ones out. I have 2 of them. :smile:
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    While not a cookbook, eatingwell.com has a ton of great recipes with all the nutritional information for each one. I use it all the time now.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    A few people over the time I've been here have suggested Hungry Girl cook books.:flowerforyou:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light- The essential dinner tonight cookbook (my favorite!)
    Eating Well- Comfort foods made healthy
    Anything by Ellie Kreiger
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I like Taste of Home cookbooks. I have their Comfort Foods Diet Cookbook, and Guilt Free Cooking. The first one is my favorite. I also go on their website, search an ingredient (like chicken, pork, or ground beef etc.) then click on the side to sort out the low fat recipes. Have fun, and here's to smart choices!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    bump!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light is great. If you have a local library nearby, check out a bunch of books and if you like them, buy them.

They also have a lot of magazines. I love reading that way!!!!