They don't fit :o(

Options
I was cleaning out my closet this morning and found an OLD gift card to a store in a purse I haven't use in ages! I took it up to the store today to see if there was anything on it...it WAS, it was $55.00 on it. :bigsmile: I found some cute stuff and a really cute pair a CK jeans on sale for a super great low price. They looked HUGE for a size 16 and I thought, surely I can fit these bad boys and plus I really didn't feel like trying them on, so I got the Calvin Klein's size 16.

Just got home, tried them on and....they don't fit :cry: I can't button them up AT ALL. :brokenheart: I've been feeling pretty bummed out lately--I'm not dropping the pounds NOR inches I thought I should being 46 days restarting my journey--to add insult to injury, I've actually GAINED almost 5 pounds since restarting 46 days ago:noway: . I purchased these pants without trying them just to see my progress. Some may be thinking or wondering, why in the H.E. Doubletooths is this chick posting this in the NSV forum?

Why? Because even though I'm super disappointed (and surprised cause these suckers are HUGE looking for a size 16), I'm NOT going to take them back. I'm going to keep them (cause they're super cute). I'm going to keep them in my exercising room, so that I can see them and to help inspire me to do what I need to do to get in them--that rather sooner than later hopefully. I KNOW what I need to do, and quite frankly, I haven't been doing it (with ALL of my heart and with the determination I know I need to have to get this blasted unhealthy and UGLY flab off my body!) This experience, these jeans are just the conviction AND the reward I need and want--kinda anyway :wink:

So it's a kinda sad NSV--but instead of counting it a curse:indifferent: , I'm going to count it ALL joy and an NSV too.

Replies

• krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Way to make lemonade out of lemons! :drinker: Post us a pic of you in those jeans when you get there.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the disappointment. Hope you figure out what is not budging in your weight loss.

Yes, hang them up in your view to remind you that's where you want to get to.

Good luck!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on and you will be there before you know it!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's too bad. I know that's disappointing, but you have a great attitude.

Weird about sizes. I've got 2 pair of size 16 jeans and 1 pair of size 14. It's the size 14 jeans that are too big.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Motivation pants!!!! I have about 9 pairs at the moment. :ohwell:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awww! But way to go in turning it to a positive!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    You will get there, I know it's disheartening at the time but great incentive right there! :bigsmile:
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad when I started on here I was size 18-20 and now I'm in a 14 and they are feeling lose.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I know how you feel, I planned to be back in size 12's by Thanksgiving, but don't think I will be.

Does that mean I'm giving up. HECK NO! We'll do this!
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Motivation pants!!!! I have about 9 pairs at the moment. :ohwell:

LOL I have a whole closet. I get free clothing picks where I work and I've got a whole closet full of size 4s, that's my motivation! To be wearing those clothes by next summer.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    WTG! You can do this!!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You will be in those pants (perhaps for New Years) just keep up the work.:happy:
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    stay the course burn more than you eat and you will reach your goal
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    GoalPants™ are a good thing to have! Sure, it sucks not fitting into something that you thought you would, but look at it as a challenge, not a set back!

Use these bad boys as a motivator to fit in them. I've got faith in ya! <3

(PS- Calvins are always a little on the trim side, in my experience :) )
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing. I have a new pair of jeans they do not fit but THEY WILL.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have never ever found a pair of Calvin Kleins that fit me properly.
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    i hate it when that happens lol
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Way to Go turning the situation around!! I would have done the exact same thing. I've got a pair of Size 8 Western Show (Horse Show) pants in my closet, and every now and then i go and try them on . I started off not even being able to get them over my thighs, now not only can i get them on, but i can do the button up and get the zip up halfway. There's a bit of a muffin top, but it's still a great feeling!!!

Good Luck to you and Stay Motivated, because the Rewards are Great!!
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm pretty sure a really dear friend of mine said these exact words to me not to long ago..."Little by little, inch by inch by the yard, it's HARD...by the inch it's a cinch...don't stare up the stares--just step up the step, little by little inch by inch!":flowerforyou:

We sometimes find that for every step foward we sometimes have to take two steps back. You are moving foward my dear and we WILL get there together!!! You can do this. :heart:

Way to keep positive:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you guys!!! Thanks so much for posting everyone. I really appreciate EVERYTHING that you've ALL have said, especially those that posted Calvin Klein's never really fit properly--that REALLY made me feel so much better for some reason:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!