Clean Eating Question. .

Options
So I LOVE the whole Idea of this etc but have a couple questions... I have been doing some research into it and know that processed foods are obviously not 'clean' but what about the following??

Cottage cheese
Yoghurt
(well, pretty much all dairy)
crackers / cruskits..
coffee (:O with 1 sugar and milk..just once or twice a day? :O)
Bread
marg oils etc for cooking, sandwiches..
eggs

I know obviously fruits veges lean meats and nuts are all considered clean but the list I wrote I can't figure out if they are or not.. Some site's tell me yes they are fine but limit cheese etc then other's are like NO!!!!!!

Please help lol, and thanks in advance :) all the different view's on it are confusing me lol

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I don't like the description/concept myself, partly because on here there's a massive variety in understanding of what it actually means... and that's before you get to the reasoning behind doing it :).

I'd have thought only eggs would be near what most would consider not processed enough, but suspect the dairy stuff may be included in a lot of people's, bar the marge.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    There are no absolutes when it comes to diet. One expert says one thing, and another says something totally different.

I recommend trying to determine how you feel when you eat different things.

For me, cheese is very satisfying. Some people don't react well to cheese. What works for you?

I know my energy levels are better when I'm eating more veggies; so I try to eat more.

I love sugar, but feel crappy when I rebound, so I try to avoid it. I like corn, but it makes me feel kinda like I do when I eat sugar, so I limit it.

Generally, I can control my eating better when I limit my carbs, and keep my protein levels high. But other people can do the lowfat grain-heavy thing with no problem. You have to figure out what works for you!

Sorry, no easy answers!
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the 100 days of real food blog? I find it pretty informative.
  • Cali212
    Cali212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dairy: Check your ingredients. Is there anything in there besides milk, cream, or active cultures?

Crackers.: If you can't pronounce it, it isn't "clean".

Coffee:Regular coffee with some milk/sugar is fine.

Bread: Store-bought bread has many additives in it. Try to get bakery bread that has only basic ingredients: flour, water, salt, and yeast.

Oils: Olive oil is best, butter can be used when necessary, stay away from the fake stuff. Things that are real taste better, and you'll eat less.

Eggs: Fine - they're only eggs.

If it comes in a box, it's probably processed.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If you can't pronounce it, it isn't "clean".

So this wouldn't be 'clean', then?
    water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

:)
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :)