Vegetarian friends

Options
I'm a lazy vegetarian and I want to improve my diet. I would love to have some vegetarian friends so I can snoop in your diaries for inspiration :)

Replies

• kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Only if I can snoop in yours! I do lots of regular meals but use pinto beans instead of hamburger. I'm looking for ways to lessen my carb intake... super hard as a vegetarian!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian but I eat a lot of veggies/fruits on most days and some day are non-meat. My diary is open. You're welcome to look anytime.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I am not a vegeterian but I cook for one. I love to experiment with recipes so if you need ideas for menu planning let me know. Tommorow I am making Lentil Loaf. My husband is a Lacto Vegeterian. I do eat vegeterian meal
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am a vegetarian, 46 in december and never even tasted meat or fish. i eat dairy, and keep my diary open. All veggie friends welcome :-)
  • ARoseinDecember
    Options
    Try happyherbivore.com. She has LOTS of free no-fat-added recipes, and for $5/week, she sells a meal plan that comes complete with shopping list. Can't say enough about her or her delicious meals!!!!
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and when first counting calories and macros, I always tended to be on the high side for carbs. It's gotten much better over time, though. My number one source of protein is eggs / egg whites (if you eat those). Healthy fat will be a good friend for you- think avocados. Most "fake meat" substitutes aren't up to my standards, but some black bean burgers that you can buy are pretty good. I also eat a lot of cottage cheese and greek yogurt- they're both super high in protein. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support or have any questions!
  • brazerbramon
    brazerbramon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I suppose I am not a complete vegetarian (I still eat fish), but I cut out all beef, pork, and chicken about 2 years ago. I have lost a lot of weight, down to 180 from about 210. My issue recently is trying to maintain muscle, I really feel my lifts in the gym suffering. I am currently trying a protein powder derived from pea, hemp, and, artichokes. It seems to be working, but I still find it had to maintain proper protein intake. My lactose intolerance doesn't help either. Any advise on nutrition, recipes, or fitness in general would be much appreciated.
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try happyherbivore.com. She has LOTS of free no-fat-added recipes, and for $5/week, she sells a meal plan that comes complete with shopping list. Can't say enough about her or her delicious meals!!!!

I second this! I have used her meal plans and they are great. Her cookbooks are awesome too.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    veggie here with open diary. I use alot of recipes from cleaneatingmag and vegetariantimes.
  • kdw65
    kdw65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Feel free to check my diary as well.