best fastfood salad

Options
I like wendy's side ceaser salad. Which one you like the best?

Replies

• ladyqwerty
    Options
    I don't eat fast food.
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    so no one eats salads from fast food restaurants? I like Wendy's side ceasar salad because they are great value at $1.49 (including croutons and dressing on the side). and its big enough. Best bang for the buck!
    I like the cheese that they use.

I was hoping someone would suggest other (cheap) salad options like this.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's strawberry almond one. I had that a couple times on our road trip in California in July.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I like Wendy's strawberry almond one. I had that a couple times on our road trip in California in July.

this is the best I've found, also.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Wendy's makes an apple pecan chicken salad that I really like, and I hate salads.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Southwest grilled chicken salad.

Low in calories (for fast food anyways), and tastes better than a big mac.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is Chick-Fil-A's Chargrilled Chicken & Fruit salad w/ a little bit of their berry balsamic. If it is a Sunday and I am in a pinch, I'll settle for Wendy's Chicken Apple Walnut Salad (usually just the half portion).
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I also really like the Wendy's caesar salad.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat fast food much these days. Most of the time if I need a quick meal, I grab a salad from Trader Joe's. Their salads are so yummy and won't break the bank from a caloric standpoint, even with dressing. I've enjoyed some of Wendy's as well in the past, but as I said, I don't eat a ton of fast food these days. Gets too expensive after a while.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like the wendys chicken apple pecan--low in cals and the pecans are sweet.:flowerforyou:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options

Agreed
  • JHahn7837
    JHahn7837 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In Nebraska, we have Runza. They have a southwest chicken salad. Me likey it.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Back when I ate meat and was still eating fast food, I loved the southwest salad from jack in the box. The crunchies are great. The dressing is good but has crazy calories. I tried it again when I went veg and noticed how much it sucked without the chicken. The veggies are, of course, very low quality and therefore seriously lacking on the nutrition front. But.. it tastes good.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I like the kind that comes in a bun with chicken and bacon LOL I don't get fastfood often, I can have a salad at home!

That said if I was to get a fastfood salad, would probably be the sweet onion chicken teriyaki subway one, since I love the sub.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options

It's really great and you can get it without Chicken and save a $1... but only on this salad...
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Apple Pecan but I am a veggie so I hold the chicken. Not a low cal salad if you are small but with only 1 dressing packet and all the flavor the toppings add, I think it is worth it.
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    Steak N Shake has a great grilled chicken salad.
  • rinnismom
    Options
    I like the kind that comes in a bun with chicken and bacon LOL I don't get fastfood often, I can have a salad at home!

That said if I was to get a fastfood salad, would probably be the sweet onion chicken teriyaki subway one, since I love the sub.

oh! tried this one before i went veggie and WHOA! uber tasty! the only problem with this one is you've got to give them the stink-eye to get them to fill the damn bowl up. they gave me two handfuls of spinach leaves and looked at me crazy when i suggested that they put more in. this is a salad. i can eat like a starving marvin when it comes to salad. it wasn't filling, unfortunately.

i regretted not ordering the sweet onion chicken teryaki (my favorite sandwich) that day. the world hasn't been the same since. *sniffle*
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Agreed

Another vote. The one thing where I will pick McDonald's over Chick Fil A...
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mcdonald's Southwest grilled chicken salad! Sooo good!