Binges?

Options
What's the Best way to Stop them?

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    There are various factors to consider. Like, what do you consider a binge? Is it emotional eating? From stress? Or boredom?
    How many calories is your calorie goal set at?
  • BrotherJosephBlake2013
    Options
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

How much do you go over by? Do you know your TDEE?
  • BrotherJosephBlake2013
    Options
    What's a TDEE?
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This is what I posted a few days ago:
    Well today sucked. I fell off the wagon landed on a couple of chocolate bars ate those. :angry: Got up tripped over a piece of pizza, Just had to try a bite or 2 or 3 or 4, well what the hell I just ate the whole piece.:sad: By the time I was done I was over by 1000 cals. How is that even possible.:sick:
    To bad there wasn't a smiley getting a *kitten* whooping on here. Thats what I need right now.
    On the brighter side if there is one. I did walk my 2 miles and did my strength training exercises.
    Why does a person do this when they are seeing results? I didn't deprive myself just always stuck to my Calories.

Someone pointed out that I might of had a bad day or I was stressed. Then it clicked a student I was working with had to go to the hospital, he was fine but I kept replaying the accident in my head. Maybe something happend with you today and maybe if you can figure it out it will help. Tomorrow is a new day make it count.
    Good luck!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Eat a low carb, high fat real food diet -- or at least that's what worked for me. It's amazing how easy it is not to binge eat when you don't feel a nagging need/desire to eat all the time whether you're hungry or not. An added benefit to eating a restrictive diet to get a handle on overeating is I didn't have to change my "relationship" with food or come to grips with any deep seated childhood traumas in order to accomplish it.

I still can't figure out whether it's from cutting out grains, restricting my sugar so severely or maybe it's just the increased fat in my diet...who knows? I suspect it's just the lower carbs in general. Whatever it is, it works and after all these months it still seems pretty miraculous to eat normally without any extra effort on my part or the weird little tricks dieters come up with. It's not for everyone but I think it's an extremely healthful way to eat. Good luck finding what works for you.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    http://www.brainoverbinge.blogspot.com/2012/06/tips-for-beginners.html

Life changing stuff in there. Read that, then get the book =)
  • amandahurm27
    amandahurm27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Or really hungry? I seem to just eat something, then I track it then. bam, I'm way over my calories for the day.
  • amandahurm27
    amandahurm27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • BrotherJosephBlake2013
    Options
    The Best to way to describe the Way I eat is if you took me to golden corral I'd be the One person who would eat 4-6 plates of food and I dont touch the salad bar and drink like 8 pops and I drink Mountain dew religiously

I can drink a one gallon of milk in one day.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    The Best to way to describe the Way I eat is if you took me to golden corral I'd be the One person who would eat 4-6 plates of food and I dont touch the salad bar and drink like 8 pops and I drink Mountain dew religiously

I can drink a one gallon of milk in one day.
    Well, it's great you identified the problem, for a lot of people they truly don't recognize where they're going wrong. Now it's time to take the next step and correct it. Good luck. :smile:
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had a binge yesterday. I think my trigger is when I drink alcohol and also the 1200-1300 calories I have been eating doesn't seem to be enough for me since I have been getting sick since starting 6 weeks ago.

I am going to try eat around maintenance for the next week to reset because my weight hasn't budged since starting.