Holiday Strategies

How are others planning to prepare for holiday temptations? I'd love to hear how everyone deals with the barrage or food and drink.

Think I'm packing a bag of just work out clothes and tennis shoes for the car so I have no excuse avoid exercise, even if it's a short after-meal walk to avoid seconds, wine and dessert!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    im sure most will say eat in moderation, but its the holidays, and i will eat if i get hungry, even if it means being over..i will still try to do my treadmill, but there are only a few days a year we get to eat this way:drinker:
  • I am giving myself four free days and moderately eating on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. and just going to do a weigh in. so those days probably wont be logged on my food log.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Just don't stress too much. Enjoy yourself and remember that you will never undo a whole years worth of progress in a couple of weeks!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    My family is full of meat eaters and I have switched over to a mainly vegetarian diet, much to my mother's dismay. I have told her that it is not for some Peta loving politcal reasons, but that my body seems to respond much better - no more constant bowel problems, more energy, sleep better, easier digestion, healthy skin etc. Needless to say, I am a bit anxious about Christmas this year because I will be travelling to see them all and there is always so much pressure to eat everything or risk offending the cooks. But this year I am determined to put myself first and only eat the things I want to and without guilt. And to make it easier I am going to stop by the grocery store on my way from the airport to pick up a few groceries to make a few side dishes that I know will satisfy me in a crunch (I can also say I just want to contribute something so I do not feel like a slacker).
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Im going to stick to my workout routines, and eat like the fat pig I used to be.
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm going to skip mashed potatoes and bread, because those are dishes that I feel aren't really that special. I love them, but they are really easy to make on any other normal day. Same for apple pie - I can make this easily on any other day. But pumpkin pie? Totally going for it!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    I'm going to eat everything in sight, then pie, lots of pie...in fact, i'll eat 2 pies just to show the first pie who's boss!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Thanksgiving is Thursday, not Thursday,Friday and Saturday.
    Christmas Eve, and Christmas are each one day only.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Thanksgiving is at my place this year so that helps because I will be aware of what is in everything. I am planning to make some modifications such as baked sweet potatoes instead of mashed potatoes and steam green beans instead of the casserole. When it comes to the truly special items like Joe's pecan pie made with fresh pecans from his brother's yard - i will be first in line with my fork ready! That is something only available once a year!