Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitness Pal in Bicycling.com

I am a fanatic cyclist and was excited to see that Fitness Pal was mentioned in the digital Bicycling magazine!

http://www.bicycling.com/beginners/hypercaloric-overcompensaton

Hooray!

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    This was exactly what my hubby was doing. For a couple of years he would get these massive burns on rides but couldn't lose any weight. I asked him about all his recovery drinks and goos and gels, etc and he would brush them off. Then finally one day he added up the calories and realized he was replacing over half the calories with his support products. Then he would hit Starbucks on the way home, and grab a cheeseburger and fries, etc.
    He started dieting when I started on here 2 1/2 months ago and he has lost 10 pounds. And gotten a WHOLE lot faster with less weight on his bike.
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    True DebbieLyn! I have been riding really long distances but you eat your calories easily! I track everything now, I ride 3 times a week but no protein bar, 'loaded' coffees or pb sandwiches and bananas for me anymore. There is a lot of sugar in protein drinks or power bars. Much better now to grab a bowl of cottage cheese and a scoop of sugar free strawberry jam, or with a scoop of almond butter and some almonds in it. (Never liked cottage cheese and now I eat it every day!) Or just a glass of skim milk after a ride! See what the results are in next three months with my training! And yes, I will go a lot faster uphill without 30 lbs I carry now!