Need to lose half of me - desperate for help :(

Options
HI everyone,

OK this is really hard as I don't really post on forums etc I like to read them but am shy about posting but here goes nothing, so I'm turning over a new leaf and all that lol

A little about me
Name - Mara
From - Queensland in Australia
age 32
CW- 132.4kg (291pounds) ( OMG I hate that number!)
GW - not really sure around 70kg would be awesome
Height - 170cm

I was always over weight as a child, and as a teenager I became (what I would call now slim) but at the time still felt rather fat.
The weight started creeping on when I found comfort with my now husband at 18 yrs old. I have since had two children (age 9 and 18mths old) my weight gain skyrocketed with them and a sheer sedentary lifestyle and bad diet. My husband can eat whatever he likes and not put on a gram so we ate really badly together I got obese he didn't :(
My highest recorded weight was up in the 140kgs somewhere :(
I have been using MFP for a couple of weeks off and on but am now committed to logging everyday, I have also been doing the 30 day shred for the last three weeks (:O the longest i have stuck with anything lol)

I'm hoping to find some friends along this journey who can help motivate and encourage me and I'll do the same in return.
Oh and I'm a massive sweet tooth and this is often my failing :( lol

Thanx for reading my story and good luck to everyone on their journey

Mara

Replies

• Savagegirlt
    Options
    Congratulations on this step to a healthier you! As well as having the courage to post this. I'll be honoured to add you :) Keep with this and you will NOT regret it 1 yr from now. Don't stay and in 1 yr you'll WISH you had ;)
  • maramarx
    Options
    Thank-you for your kind words Savagegirlt.

Not sure how to add people yet :( lol

Yep that's it I really wish I had made the decision and commitment years ago *sigh* oh well
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am on a higher protein diet, very restricted along with daily walking or strength training. I am hoping to lose 100 lbs. in 10 months. my diary is open. Let's inspire each other!
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The simple task of logging everything you eat and drink will help you stay committed. You can do it!
  • foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I too am on a journey to lose half my original body weight and actually a little more. I have been on my weight loss journey for over 4 years now and everyday is a battle but MFP has been really good. Tons of support and awesome people.

Oh, and I have a huge sweet tooth too!!! But I'm determined to get the last of my weight off.

All the hard work is worth it but it is a tough road but you can do it!!!!!!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    keep at it. be honest with yourself.
  • Savagegirlt
    Options
    Hi!!! I too am on a journey to lose half my original body weight and actually a little more. I have been on my weight loss journey for over 4 years now and everyday is a battle but MFP has been really good. Tons of support and awesome people.

Oh, and I have a huge sweet tooth too!!! But I'm determined to get the last of my weight off.

All the hard work is worth it but it is a tough road but you can do it!!!!!!

Good for you hun! It helps me to know others struggle and can keep keepin on :) So glad for this site and all the support it offers through you wonderful ppl.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Making the commitment then starting on your journey is the best thing you can do for your future! And you have already done that. Next step...sticking with it! The important thing is, if you have a bad day and you mess up, don't give up make the decision to get right back on track. You can do this! I am sending you a friend request.
    Nancy
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im from sydney, add me please:-)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow Aussie here (Hobart). I don't have a lot to lose like you but am willing to cheer you on along the way. You've taken a great step by getting on here. This could be the beginning of one of the best things you ever do for yourself. All you have to do is keep showing up, keep logging and be honest about it. If you want it bad enough you'll find a way.

I'm Gemma, going to send you a friend request
  • maramarx
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your responses and encouraging words and friend requests!

I CAN DO THIS
  • lucy1523
    Options
    I am much older than you, but I can relate to gaining weight after childbirth. At my wedding I weighed 135--I now weigh 242. I have 4 children, all grown. I am 54.

You are SMART to nip it in the bud now. I, too, have just started MFP and the 30 day shred. I applaud you. Both are hard. Add me as a friend if you so choose.
  • lucy1523
    Options
    BTW, I need to lose approximately 90 lbs.
  • AlanisT
    AlanisT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you, I have a long journey as well and I have a very hard time committing to things for long. I know you can do this :)
  • ncbill
    ncbill Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your husband is lucky to be able to eat what he likes! The good news is the more you do the better you'll feel Just think on days you aren't motivated- looking forward to your food and exercise logs. I also found, looking up what I'm going to eat before eating it can be help keep me away from it.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You've already started a new healthier journey but making this post and asking for help. Also, remember you are an example for your little ones (more then you know). I have found since I've been doing this (for the past month) how much my eating habits have changed and how I've changed my whole family's eating habits too. This has been a great tool for me and my family.

Your story seems way to familiar to me, overweight most of my life, hubby for a long time could eat anything anytime of the day and not gain weight or if he did he could loose it just as quick and after having my two boys and a lot of stress really put the weight on.

I would be happy to be your friend on here, add me. : )
  • Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Started at 292 pounds and set my first goal to 180 but my ultimate goal is 145. It is unreal to think I will be shedding half of my weight when I hit that mark. Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • suckerlove
    Options
    Welcome Mara. I am on a journey that started at 285 lbs. Please feel free to add me.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This is the place to come to for weight loss - you will be amazed. Stick at the logging, log everything, even if you have bad days - I have them all the time, but have discovered that by eating enough, getting some exercise (I usually walk) the weight will come off. Become addicted to MFP - it's a lo-calorie reward! Add me if you like, I am a West Aussie, 61, 167 cm, was 216 lbs (98 kgs) at Christmas 2011, have lost 26 kgs so far.

If you want to add a friend, you can either "Accept" invitations, or you can go to someone's profile by clicking on their name, and then requesting to be a friend. Usually best to put a message in so they know why you want to be a friend :smile:

Congratulations on starting the rest of your life!!