You guys, I need to vent.

Options
I'm sitting here crying my eyes out because I'm so upset that I've let myself go the way I have recently. I used to be petite and I played three varsity sports and danced. Now it's all gone, and I've completely lost sight of my health and fitness. I have a wonderful boyfriend and family to support me, but they aren't going through what I am. No one seems to understand. The people of MFP have been absolutely wonderful to me, though.
I need some motivators and some support from people who can hold me accountable. If anyone else feels this frustration or feels compelled to make a new friend, please add me and let's get fit together.

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and get back to it!
    You'll be just fine =)

I can hold you accountable and I will encourage you!
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can def add me :smile: I once felt the same way about myself. But over the years have learned I just need to do something about it; if Im upset or sad about how I look and feel then I need to change something. Thats so wonderful that your boyfriend and family are supporting you. And since you love sports and dancing try some workouts that incorporate that like zumba or martial arts. I know you can find the old you again; or maybe a new version of who you are now:happy: hang in there chica!!!
  • kindleworm99
    Options
    You sound like you hit rock bottom and now it can only get better!! You are not alone! You got a wonderful bf and family to support you and with this site we are here to help each other! * BIG SMILE*
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling. I was a 120 lb runner and athlete just out of high school who ballooned up to a 220 lb obese lady within 8 years.

The only thing you can do is look forward to who you can be not backward to who you were.
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I will help and you can vent whenever you want
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8cectU1XJ1r3ag0y.gif

:)
  • ashcat1989
    Options
    Use that frustration to fuel you, That's what I did, I went from 64kgs to 56kgs by eating better and getting off my butt. I've got a little to lose hence why I joined this site.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I've been there!

Feel free to add :)
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Kick this thing in the chocolate cravings. The best way to start is to start and it sounds like you're more than ready.
  • mallorygp
    Options
    You all are absolutely incredible. I'm so thankful for the support and kind words!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you're going through. I remember as a teenager thinking I was such a beast. A size 10 beast! Sometimes I wish I could go back and tell my 16 year old self to wake-up! It's ok to be frustrated. It's ok to be upset. Get past all that and use it as fuel to push towards better health! Learn from your mistakes! Get up, dust yourself off, and get the **** back up on that horse! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Belliny
    Options
    the best way to pick your self up is, to have a fresh start!

add me for support =)
  • AlanisT
    AlanisT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are and how you feel. I will add you and we can keep each other accountable if you like. I have an extremely supportive boyfriend also it made me feel really comfortable but i hate where i am and i know there is a better me that i can be happier as.
  • foremaar012
    Options
    I think the important thing is realizing that we've lost sight, its the first step. Cheers to new beginnings and a new healthy lifestyle.
  • SheilaHoover
    Options
    Add me if you like...I'm always game for a new friend who will listen when *I* need to vent and help me keep focus on why I am changing how I live, eat and move...and I'll offer you the same in return!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think almost all of us have been there; I know that I have! You're doing the right thing in being on MFP though and starting to make a change. The first step is definitely the hardest one. Feel free to add me if you would like. I always love having people to help motivate me and vice versa. I've also been told that I'm a pretty good listener when it comes to people needing to vent. :smile: