30 Day Shred

Options
Anyone out there done the 30 DS? I'm in two days so far and I'm terribly sore :( want to know if anyone has had success with this workout. I know Jillian Michaels was cut throat on the Biggest Loser which I loved and the reviews on her website seem promising but I wanted to hear from "real" people. I had a baby six months ago and was waiting for my diastasis to fully close before I did any hardcore workout so now that I'm ready to drop these extra 45lbs I want to make sure I'm choosing a worthwhile workout. Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was soo sore the first couple days - don't be afraid to take a rest day. Jillian recommends taking 2 per week!
    By week 2 it was better for me. I could walk up stairs and sit down on the toilet again LOL
  • mellp9
    mellp9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I loved 30 DS! I had my second son 7 1/2 months ago and joined MFP Aug. 31. I initially began just by walking 40 minutes every morning and staying under my calorie goal. In 7 weeks I went from 144 to 132. I decided I needed to do something along with walking to try and firm things up. I heard about the 30 DS on these boards and decided to give it a try. I just completed it (never missed a day) last week and lost another 5 lbs. I am definitely seeing a difference and I just started Ripped in 30 on Monday. I also have the Jillian ab workout video but I have not done that one yet. Good luck!
  • Heathingtons1
    Heathingtons1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. Lol! The toilet does hurt! I'll stick with it for sure.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Take comfort in knowing that this is the sorest you'll get! From what I've read and how I experienced the 30DS myself, if you make it past Day 3 - you'll make it. That's when the soreness goes away. I personally did not make it and decided to use other forms of exercise. But I still pull out 30 DS when I need a quick, efficient sweat at home.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6. I was horribly sore for the first 3 days. Now, I feel awesome. I'm actually considering moving up to 8 lb weights. (I use 5 lb weights now.) I still can't do more than 4 push ups at a time. And the bicycle crunches suck. But I always feel much better when I get done.