Walk Away the Pounds

Options
What does everybody who does these workouts log it under? I've been doing it as circuit training, since it's more than just regular walking.

I just started to do the 4 mile one, to hopefully get rid of my 3+ month long plateau....and it's says i've burned 600+ cals in an hour. Seems like alot.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say this is circuit training because you are not really doing strenght exercises. 600 does seem like a lot to me but everyone is different so maybe you are burning that much, I don't know. If there is a low impact aerobics option on here I would enter it as that.
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I used walking, at the speed of the video. Everything you do still involves walking, even if it is to the side or front and back. There is also a walk aerobics in the data base, but it doesn't give many calories. Circuit training is more like lifting weights isn't it?
  • ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    I would enter it as walking under the exercises and choose a pace... 2.0, 3.0. or 3.5. or faster if you thin you walk faster than that. I don't think 600 cal is too much ... but it also depends on your weight ... when i walk 45 min on high incline or on 3.5 speed i loose around 650-700 cal.
  • jhansen0829
    Options
    I am doing the 3-mile walk now and I log it as walking-brisk pace 3.5 mph - I figure that's a good average for the 45 minutes and it seems pretty acurate on the calories burned.
  • tjjennifer
    Options
    My nutritionist told me to log it as Low Impact Aerobics.
  • JennMarieD
    Options
    I do these videos as well. I log it as walking. I did exactly what jhansen0829 did for the 3 mile walk and I'll continue to do that for the others. You can figure out the speed you are walking based on how far you "walk" on the video and how long it takes you. I think anything else would over inflate the calories burned. I just ordered the five mile one. Can't wait to see if I can do it!!
  • sgsnow79
    sgsnow79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enter it as low impact aerobics, too. It seems accurate.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Reference walking 3 miles in 45 minutes: That is 4 miles per hour walking rate. Congratulations--you are a fast walker.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Could I suggest you invest in a heart rate monitor so you can log exactly what you burned during any exercise you do?