Vegan Banana Muffins

Options
Okay so me and my friend decided to go vegan for two weeks as a challenge and it's going good so far. Yesterday i made these delicious VEGAN banana muffin, you honestly can't tell the difference! So i decided to share this recipe with anyone willing :):flowerforyou:

This recipe makes 4 very big muffins.
1 and a half banana
45ml of vegetable oil
175g of flour (i used self raising)
80g of sugar
1/2tbsp baking soda
a pinch of salt

Mash up the banana, add sugar and oil. Mix well. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together then add to the banana mixture. Mix until well blended but do not beat! Pour into muffin cases and put in an oven at 180 degrees. Bake until the toothpick comes out clean, the time will depend on muffin size. Mine took about 20 minutes.

Optional- you can add : oatmeal, musli, raisins, coconut or dark chocolate chips. I added chocolate chips to mine.

Enjoy!

Could anyone post any tried and tasted vegan recipes? Because a lot of them don't taste that good. It can be anything from a main dish to a desert. Thank you :happy:

Replies

• missmaex
    missmaex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-pancakes-milk-free-egg-free-92649

Vegan blueberry pancakes (well, if you replace the margarine with nuttelex)

I've only tried this recipe once - but for vegan baking, really enjoyed it. I swapped half the flour for wholemeal flour and added a teaspoon of vanilla.
    Plan on playing around with it a bit more in the future.

(I'm not vegan by the way, I'm highly lactose intolerant and just don't like eggs)