Running (Wo)Man

Options
I tell you what's good for chub-rub - Sudocrem. Some girls had condoms and thongs in their underwear drawer; I had giant pants and stocks of that familar grey tub.

But yeah. Summer was a real drag, as was walking any further than half a mile. That familiar pull of skin, those inflamed red patches on my inner thighs that would weep and bleed. I'd grit my teeth, slap on the Sudocrem and pray for a cooler day, a shorter distance, tomorrow.

Oh, and jeans were a no-go too. Not only because they'd cut into my belly until it throbbed, but because I'd get holes on the inner thigh. I might as well have had a neon arrow strapped to my hips saying CHUUUUBRUB, COME GET YOUR CHUBRUB.

So yeah. No denims, and thighs that seared with pain whenever the temperature got above mild or when the distance went over a couple of blocks.

Tonight, I stepped onto the treadmill and ran 10k. Just me and The Prodigy, and we ran all the way. The only pain in my thighs was quad-aches from the run itself.

Yeah. An important moment for me. An even more important one for my inner thighs.

Replies

• CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm beaming for you. You must be so proud. :)
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congratulations & keep up the good work! Chub rub be gone!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Keep it up!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Fanfreakingtastic! Yay on you!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I tell you what's good for chub-rub - Sudocrem. Some girls had condoms and thongs in their underwear drawer; I had giant pants and stocks of that familar grey tub.

But yeah. Summer was a real drag, as was walking any further than half a mile. That familiar pull of skin, those inflamed red patches on my inner thighs that would weep and bleed. I'd grit my teeth, slap on the Sudocrem and pray for a cooler day, a shorter distance, tomorrow.

Oh, and jeans were a no-go too. Not only because they'd cut into my belly until it throbbed, but because I'd get holes on the inner thigh. I might as well have had a neon arrow strapped to my hips saying CHUUUUBRUB, COME GET YOUR CHUBRUB.

So yeah. No denims, and thighs that seared with pain whenever the temperature got above mild or when the distance went over a couple of blocks.

Tonight, I stepped onto the treadmill and ran 10k. Just me and The Prodigy, and we ran all the way. The only pain in my thighs was quad-aches from the run itself.

Yeah. An important moment for me. An even more important one for my inner thighs.

I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but I'll go with the flow and say '' well done'' .
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    All kinds of awesome.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great Victory!!!

3023188hr501wimqy.gif
  • pshuckleberry
    pshuckleberry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an accomplishment!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Eagerly awaiting the "couch to 10k in a day" book you need to write
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies!

I have absolutely no idea what this is about, but I'll go with the flow and say '' well done'' .

Ha, sorry! I'll blame post-run fatigue...basically, I never used to be able to walk more than half a mile due to my size (and associated chubrub). Now? I can run 10k.
    Eagerly awaiting the "couch to 10k in a day" book you need to write

Hmm, you could be onto something there...
  • melotj
    melotj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • Stripycat
    Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    All hail Sudocrem! It's a lifesaver and I currently use it on my breastbone where my running bra rubs, where the labels of my shorts sit in the small of my back shaving into my skin, and on my poor chafed thighs.

I went through a small pot on the way to where I am now, after every long run I was a mess. Thankfully I don't need it as much now I've dropped a load of the wobbly stuff.

Well done. Your chafing was worthwhile! How good does it feel to not always smell strangely lavendery or of nappy rash?
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Well done. Your chafing was worthwhile! How good does it feel to not always smell strangely lavendery or of nappy rash?

Haaaaaaaa! That's EXACTLY it! Now I just smell of...I dunno, exhaustion and sweat. I'll go for that :)
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I long for that day. Hoping for this summer to be the first one in years without it. Lanacaine also works wonders.
  • PessimisticPatricia
    Options
    I'm with you, girl! My chub rub is gone forever and I will never let it come back! This past summer was the first in years that it didn't happen to me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!