My Story......

Options
My name is Darren, I live in Victoria, Australia, since I was about 23 I started gaining weight and rapidly, before it started I was a comfortable 77kg (approx 170 lb) at 5'8" for the next 11 years my weight stayed between 110 - 120 kg. On January 30th my partner said to weigh myself, I said ok, why ? She said we are going to start using My Fitness Pal to help us lose weight and I need to put in a starting weight for you, 117.4kg it read, determination, will power, exercise (and portion control) were now my best friends, 10 months later I am happy to say I am almost at my goal, my current weight is 82.3kg (approx 181 lb) with 2.3kg to reach my goal. Don't let anyone tell you weight loss is "easy" even though I have done it in 10 months having he willpower to say no to snacks and some foods has been the hardest thing I've done recently.
I wish everyone well on their weight loss journey

Replies

• helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss. Thanks for sharing, its very motivating.
  • djl1977
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • kachochan
    Options
    Good job!
    You guys rock!
  • djl1977
    Options
    here's me at 120kg

n2zrjr.jpg

and me a few months ago at approx. 90kg

2zpickg.jpg

I don't have one of me at my current weight yet, but will soon
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, we must have started about the same time, you have done an amazing job, you look so fit and healthy now - big cheer to your partner for getting you started, and bigger cheer for you for sticking at it. :flowerforyou: