Good or bad idea?

Options
So I`ve been on MFP for about 1 year and 2 months, I've lost aprox. 73 lbs :blushing: adjusting my calorie goal as my body made me feel the right way.
So now I need a new change because I get hungry (boredom hunger) on days that I don't have classes.
I calculated my calorie needs on http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ , and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to make a weekly goal, rather than a daily one, but keeping control of the daily goal as well. If I totally lost you in this explanation, this is what I mean:

1380 kcal x 4 days= 5520 (first 4 days of the week, when I have classes, and not really active at all)
1630 kcal x 2 days= 3260 (Friday and Sunday, when I`m getting busy only with house work and walks with friends)
and 2500 kcal on Saturday when I usually go out, or invite friends over for movie night.

So the total would be 11.280, and divided by 7 days : 1611 kcal/day. Which is close (a bit lower) than the result I got with scooby's calorie calculator, that was 1680 kcal/day.

So what do you think? Is this change worth a try or would I be damaging the results I`ve had so far?

My stats are:
Female, 20 years old
SW: 275 lbs
CW: 202 lbs
Height: 5'5

Thanx in advance for your opinion :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. I don't worry too much about my daily goals, but look at the week as a whole. It works well for me.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like to have my daily goals but sometimes if I have a special event planned I will intentionally eat under my calories for a few days to "save" them up and don't seem to have a problem from it. Guess this is the same kind of thing, good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    as long as at the end of the week you are around your weekly net goal, it doesnt matter when you eat them.
  • curiousorange
    Options
    I think that it's a good idea to treat yourself on a Saturday night. As long as you're good during the week, I don't see the harm. :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    If you have the willpower, go for it. My only concern is you use the term "boredom hunger" .... I think it means you use food to try and placate the boredom. I will say my #1 habit I work to crush is eating by myself to replace boredom or anxiety. that's just my thing, so I am throwing it out there.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I prefer to have my deficit over the week, so I include my exercise as part of my TDEE. This way I am not chasing workout calories on days I workout. Additionally, I like the additional calories on the day I don't workout so my body can adequately repair itself.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far! Can't hurt to shake it up a bit and see how it works. If it doesn't work the way you want, you can always change it again in a few weeks.
  • beckv84au
    Options
    I like to give myself a calorie free day. Where I can have what I like (within reason). However to start that day I must earn calories via exercise and generally set my target at 700 calories.
    I think the saving calorie system works as well, however you need to be careful that eating under 1200 calories a day regularly does not put your body into starvation mode which results in your body holding onto fat.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    My advice would be to do whatever keeps you on task to your goal.

It doesn't matter about when you do the calories, it just matters that all the calories in are less than the ones going out!

In all of my research that I've seen people lose and keep weight off is that the people who keep it off all had different ways to lose it (although 90% had a food journal)--in essence everyone is different and you need to do what motivates you to stay on track!
  • Nicolelmbennett
    Options
    You are doing so well and appear to know exactly what works for you. You are not afraid to switch it up and try something different. Since you seem to monitor quite closely what you are doing, I say, go for it!!!!! I find that eating healthy and staying active work for me. I simply work out harder if there is a function that I need to attend, try NOT to over indulge not do I deprive myself of the things I love. Everything in moderation is my motto. Good Luck to you pretty girl♥
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good idea....I did the same thing last month and pushed through a plateau and started losing again....Good luck!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I love going weekly vs daily. I always check the weekly graph of my diary and keep it low during the week so I'd I go over on the weekends, that weekly number stays in the green. I have had great results with this.