New here! Hello! :)

Options
Nice to meet you all. My name's Caitlin, just turned 24 in September. Just became a new mom to a little girl this summer, and wouldn't you know it... After losing a lot of the water weight and getting within 12 pounds or so of my pre-pregnancy weight, I went and GAINED another 10 pounds... Oops! So here I am, 5'5'', starting at 155 pounds and ultimately hoping to get down to 120. For the past 6 years or so, I have crash dieted on and off (shame on me, I know) and my weight would be anywhere from 113 to 132, depending on what "mode" I was in. I was too impatient and inconsistent, and of course the weight would always bounce right back up. Once and for all I would like to do it the "right way" and make fitness and eating well a lifestyle so that I can be healthy, fit, and set a good example for my daughter!

Replies

• conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hello and good luck.
  • safaesunshine
    Options
    i'm very proud of you!
    i'm new too but i'm very sure this time is going to work because you can find so much inspiration and motivation to keep on going!
    Feel free to add me if you want! xoxo
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello,

Once you get the hang of things here and a more proper way to manage your weight loss without the crash diet you will be amazed at how much easier it is to sustain. I have never faired this well in my weight loss atttemps in the past and I still cannot believe how much easier it is. You will find so much support here it is amazing. MFP has not only helped me start having healthier eating habits but I have noticed I have a healthier mentality now to. I hope you get to experience the same. Feel free to *kitten* me if you'd like.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! MFP is a great place to get on track. I use it to maintain because I too am a crash dieter at times and I want a healthy relationship with food. I am a very vocal and encouraging MFP pal, so feel free to add me if you want someone like that in your corner :)

PS Congrats on your little one!!
  • Kiralai
    Kiralai Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Added you, safesunshine, and you as well Jen--love the lightsaber, by the way! ;)