"No eating past _o'clock..."

Options

Replies

• BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not day to day. It has no clock. Try thinking of total calories per week or month.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. For example, I was hungry last night and was debating wheather I should eat something or not. I ate something light. Figured that my body was telling me something and I listened to it. As long as it's not a full meal I don't see any issues for eating late at night.

Good luck!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I work till 9:30 a few days a week, on these days I'll eat a dinner sized meal around 10:30 and go to bed an hour or two later. Hasn't seemed to slow down my weight loss.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    eat what ever time u want , how often u want ! as long as it fits your macros at the end of the day
  • PaulinaCieslak
    Options
    I read somewhere that your last meal should be ab 3hs before going to bed and it works for me really good. Because i usually go to sleep around 2am so i really cannot imagine eating at 5/6 pm and then not eating anything for 7/8hs...
  • Bradiesue42
    Bradiesue42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i like to have my larger meal at lunch time, and i have a really small dinner usually around 5:30 and i don't eat after that.
  • paigeslims
    Options
    You should stop eating 3-4 hours before you go bed. So for me I stop eating around 7-8pm
  • omanitshann
    Options
    i don't eat past 7.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    the truth is, nothing in my life has worked so well as not eating after 8 pm. until the morning. yes, you can do it! leave your body without food for a longer period of time (this is not me talking, look it up on bodybuilder's websites) and it will start burning fat.
    eat enough during the day though.
    and trust me on this one.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YES!
    6:30 PM
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy work schedule and often have to work past 8pm, so sometimes I can't get home and eat dinner until 9pm or later. I don't think it matters how soon before bed I eat as long as I'm within my calories for the day. I think it's more a of problem for people who crave bad foods late at night. Never really had that issue, but if I did I think maybe it would help to not eat after a certain time so I wouldn't be tempted to eat something bad.
  • erinalysa14
    Options
    7pm is kitchen lockdown for me!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    lol it really doesnt matter if you eat before bed , i personally fast from 8pm-12:30pm the next day ,IF def does help ignite fat loss but seriously its more about WHAT you eat and HOW MUCH you eat that will determine your body ... not WHEN you eat
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat past 3pm...it is the only way I've found I can lose weight...but I'm only 5'1" and don't really need all that many calories...never been weak though. And there are times when I feel I need to eat, then I do. but for the most part no...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    There's no reason not to eat after some arbitrary time as long as you're staying within your target and your snack doesn't interfere with falling asleep.

This!!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    all depends on your system and when you go to bed.
    I go to bed around midnight and have dinner most of the time around 9pm (finish work late).

I never had any problems with that..... I Feel fine with it.

It's not a question of good system or not...I don't even have a gallbladder anymore...(surgery) and still don't have any problem with it. ......

My body burn it during the night that's all. I oviously eat well for dinner...mostly proteins and some carbs but it's never junk.
    I wouldn't eat Kentucky fried chicken at 9pm lol or whip cream cake hahahaha! We need to use our brain a bit here ;)

Anyway, that's my point of view here.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    the truth is, nothing in my life has worked so well as not eating after 8 pm. until the morning. yes, you can do it! leave your body without food for a longer period of time (this is not me talking, look it up on bodybuilder's websites) and it will start burning fat.
    eat enough during the day though.

I'm sure it has worked for you but whether you stop eating at 8pm, 6pm, 10pm, 11pm, 12:07am, or whatever, isn't going to make an appreciable difference provided your total calorie and macronutrient intake is correct.

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    No.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I frequently wake up in the middle of the night to eat ALL the foods.

Your body doesn't have a clock.
  • rainbowsprite
    Options
    i always try to not eat after 8 pm...even though that is not possible some nights for me....we always have tea and snack after our womens meeting on Tues nights...so that is usally the exception and i try and choose the healthier choice (when possible)....its a struggle...now if I could only get past eating too much sweets I would be laughing....LOL