Craving sugar

Options
OK, so this is weird...I don't like sugar. And I mean, AT ALL. Don't drink soda, don't put anything sweet in my coffee, don't eat candy or chocolate, even some fruits are too sweet for me. I just don't like it. I do love some nutritionless carbs though!

But lately I'm seriously craving all things sugar and worthless carbs (think yucca, corn, pasta). I don't eat it because sugar usually makes me a bit nauseous, but I could do some serious damage to a vat of white pasta right now (I don't like pasta by the way). I'm trying to keep my diet 40/40/20 to build some more lean muscle, so maybe that's my body's way of telling me it wants more carbs??

I'm confused....and craving :(

Replies

• castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Your diary is showing quite a few days at or under 1,000 calories. Are you really eating that little, or just not logging? You sure aren't going to build muscle that way.

Try it with more fat and fewer carbs, and more food in general.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not logging :) I'm usually right at my goal or 50-75 over.
  • JeneansaQueen
    Options
    Hormones? Like TOM or maybe pregnancy?
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Negative on both...I don't get TOM because of Nexplanon and I'm definitely not pregnant.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit of what you want or you will binge and feel worse.

Maybe a bit of something you find gross will make you not crave it anymore.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Maybe it's not the "sugar" that your body is craving. You may be craving things that contain some nutrients you're deficient in and those food items are the sources of them. I don't know if you take a multivitiman, but it helps when you're eating a t a deficit. Also, having blood work can pinpoint anything you're lacking.