Just Quick Question and Hey y'all!

Options
When you enter your starting weight, do you use the weight you currently are when starting MFP or your original start weight? The weight you were before you started doing anything about losing?

I am new here, just a few days in but I started my journey in September of this year and have lost 18lbs thus far. The past three weeks though I have seen no change on the scale but I changed the way I was logging what I eat. I was doing it the Weight Watcher points way, but then decided to count just calories because it's less time. However, I am going to switch back because calorie counting isn't working and I need to stick with what's working/worked for me. I lost every week with doing it the points way.

Anyhow, Hey everyone and GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!

Replies

• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I would use the weight you are when you start using MFP, but that's just me.

Great job on your 18 lbs! Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    welcome.
    I would use your CW.
    :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss so far!

Welcome!
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I used my highest weight before joining MFP because seeing the bigger number was motivating to me. But I did jot down the number I was when I started MFP so I would know how much I lost since joining.

Welcome and good luck! :)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You deserve to see your lose from the beginning of your journey in September. WTG
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. You could use your highest weight and just "check in" with your current, then it will have logged your loss and you will see it on your ticker. Just update your goals after you do that so you have accurate cals.
  • nicolelong84
    Options
    I just don't like looking at my tracker that says 0lbs and I have really lost 18lbs. Gives me a sad face, LOL! I figured I would ask how everyone else did it.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Originally I had the weight I was when I started. But I had lost 30+ lbs and wanted "credit" for it and it certainly helped keep me motivated. I went in and updated my starting weight to reflect all I had lost.

Good Luck on your journe. There are some pretty amazing people on here. Feel free to add me. I am on here daily and tend to be a very supportive friend :)
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Use your current weight. As you lose weight, your TDEE goes down. If you enter the incorrect weight, mfp's calculations will be off.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Start with your current. There is a way to go bad an add additional entries. I did that so that I could actually track where I started when I hit my heaviest.
  • milehiguy
    milehiguy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome....you should post your weight from the beginning of your weight loss program. Congrats and keep it up!
  • nicolelong84
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE! I just left it. I however have a number now on my ticker...I weighed in this morning and I have lost 5lbs this week! WOOHOO!
  • tommystroop
    tommystroop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Feel free to add me.

:)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    way to go keep it up. I would do what ever you feel best doing. even if you start fresh here you still know you lost 18 lbs :)