Need Someone to kick my butt into gear

Options
I was being really consistent with both what I eat and how I exercise but the last few weeks have been hit or miss. I know I should be doing more but lately the motivation hasn't been there. I feel so much better when I'm eating right and getting a workout every day but just can't bring myself to "bring my A game" like I used to. You all are so motivating and I hope you can give me a push in the right direction....

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    "Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to look like a young, vibrant woman instead of the "fat housewife" I feel like now. I want to be healthier, sleep better and have more energy to keep up with my children...and fitting into my "skinny jeans" is just a bonus!

My Inspirations
    •All the nice clothes I have...that are way too small for me right now
    •My family...my mom died young and I don't want to do that to my kids.
    •Being able to keep up with the pace of life
    •Being able to shop for clothes without feeling bad"

Maybe you can inspire yourself. :)
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have been the same way lately. I keep thinking this is ridiculous. SO, maybe we can help each other out!!!! :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    When I need some motivation, I think about how far I let myself go before I got my act together. I gained 30 pounds in 3 months. And now, two months later, I've only lost 14 lbs. It takes a lot longer to lose what you gained so quickly. I don't want to gain any more weight because I've seen how much hard work it takes.

I want to lose weight so I can buy clothes ANYwhere...so I'm not winded just going up the stairs, so I can take a long, relaxing walk when I feel like it without worrying if I'll die on my way there. I may not have as much weight as someone else, but I was very out of shape. Now I can walk 3 miles on the treadmill no problem. I can DO 6 miles on the stair master and not think twice about it and yes, I'm still sore the next day, but that means my muscles are working!!

Both my parents are overweight and are just now figuring out what works for them to lose weight... in their 50s. I don't want to wait that long. It's a miracle they're both alive because of how big they were and the horrible things they were letting in their bodies. I want to be active and able so I don't have to crash diet when I get engaged...so I don't have to crash diet after I have a baby...so I don't have to lose weight just to stay alive because I might put my family in a bind and in financial ruin.

This is what keeps ME motivated. :) Good luck!
  • karenpeb
    karenpeb Posts: 23
    Options
    ***SMACK***

There! Now get on it! :tongue:

Remember it's "Eating to live........not live to eat!"

698711.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Do what I do I start off small like going for a walk after dinner. Maybe even make one of your meals each day a salad. After a few days your gonna want to get back on your A game.
  • ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Do what I do I start off small like going for a walk after dinner. Maybe even make one of your meals each day a salad. After a few days your gonna want to get back on your A game.